As to the announcement of Shaq Morris playing for the After Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

That's kind of the point. The fact is, nobody outside of Shaq and Marshall know what really happened. Ron has stated that he didn't see what Shaq stated happened. He may believe him, but he didn't see it. Nobody did, or if they did, they've never said so. Ron may not have agreed with how Marshall handled it, but that still leaves a lot of gray area as to what and why. And if Ron's dad remained a big supporter of Marshall, I think that says a lot too. Had Ron told dad that he saw Marshall punch a player in the head, I don't think Mr. Baker would still be so supportive.

Facts are facts, and nobody has shown/said enough to know what those facts are. It's all a lot of gray area and people reading into things how they want. Some with biased eyes either for or against and some just looking at what is actually known and drawing conclusions from that.

All you said is fair, no doubt.

To me, Ron is a pretty neutral third party, so his opinion weighed a lot with me.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

All you said is fair, no doubt.

To me, Ron is a pretty neutral third party, so his opinion weighed a lot with me.
      Ok, Everyone agrees that Ron's opinion weighs a lot.

So those people who have used what Ron said as the reason that Marshall should be fired are right or wrong?

Comment

if anyone thinks the Shaq hit is the only reason he was fired, they are delusional.

Comment

This debate is so tired and boring. Don't understand why some can't move on. If there was any chance GM could/would return then I get prolonging the discussion. It's long past due to turn the page.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
            This debate is so tired and boring. Don't understand why some can't move on. If there was any chance GM could/would return then I get prolonging the discussion. It's long past due to turn the page.
            Shaq being added to the team kind of forced it into the discussion again. He will always be associated with this and because the fan base is so split over it, it is relevant to this.

If this were just randomly brought up for no reason, I'd agree with you. It's a part of Shaq's legacy and will always be brought up and discussed when Shaq is.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Shaq being added to the team kind of forced it into the discussion again. He will always be associated with this and because the fan base is so split over it, it is relevant to this.

If this were just randomly brought up for no reason, I'd agree with you. It's a part of Shaq's legacy and will always be brought up and discussed when Shaq is.
              So what GM still ain't coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

So what GM still ain't coming back.
                That hasn't been the point of any of this conversation. Everyone knows he's not coming back. That doesn't mean discussion is never again had when a relevant situation pops up.

Shaq is never going to be universally loved in Wichita. Does that mean we shouldn't talk about him at all? I wouldn't mind that as he was frustrating enough while at school.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  if anyone thinks the Shaq hit is the only reason he was fired, they are delusional.
                  The only thing that incident did was, provide public ammunition for doing what many believed needed to happen.

Comment

It's just a boring circular argument. Just my personal opinion. Carry on.

Comment

If you think he would have been fired without them being able to latch on to that “hit” (tap on the back) your delusional.

Comment

It isn't clear from WSU, but you're probably right. He wasn't fired because of the kid that took his parking place either. State the reasons because I've not seen anything. He's a meanie?

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

The only thing that incident did was, provide public ammunition for doing what many believed needed to happen.

Who believed that? Not the Big donors. That's what has put our athletic department in the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

It isn't clear from WSU, but you're probably right. He wasn't fired because of the kid that took his parking place either. State the reasons because I've not seen anything. He's a meanie?
                            There is a long list of things he was accused of. How many were proved out we will never know because the investigation was sealed by the university. So yes he was fired for being a meanie and all of the other things they found.

The only thing we have to go off of is that Marshall felt enough was found to give up 7 million of his contract to not go to court. WSU felt there was enough wiggle room and/or dirt on WSU that they felt ok paying out 7 million to not go to court.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Who exactly are these "many" you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Who exactly are these "many" you speak of?
                                I think the people on this forum are much more in the camp that Marshall should have been retained. Which makes sense considering the love for basketball here. In conversations with people that aren't quite as die hards .. it appears to me it was much more of a 50/50 split of people that though he should have been fired for his outbursts and behaviors.

it was a no win situation for sure. No matter what a large chunk of the fanbase (and likely donors) were going to be POed.

Comment

Working...
                                X