No announcement yet.

Fred Van Vleet a Shocker Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I noticed that he didn't tend to dribble back and forth 28' from the basket for 10 seconds when he had the ball. And (gasp!) he actually USED the screen when he pulled the post player to the top of the key.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• To me Fred's gift isn't just finding the pass -- it's putting leading passes on a dime.

Most of the passes in that video to a big man is in front of the big, allowing/forcing the big to have forward momentum when receiving it, resulting in an easy bucket that's just difficult to defend.

Same with the kick outs ... he passes the ball in front of the perimeter shooter instead of at them.

So many of the would-be PGs we have had since FVV have done an okay job of finding their man, but they ship it AT the big instead of leading him into open space. That allows defenders to close down the big too easily.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        To me Fred's gift isn't just finding the pass -- it's putting leading passes on a dime.

Most of the passes in that video to a big man is in front of the big, allowing/forcing the big to have forward momentum when receiving it, resulting in an easy bucket that's just difficult to defend.

Same with the kick outs ... he passes the ball in front of the perimeter shooter instead of at them.

So many of the would-be PGs we have had since FVV have done an okay job of finding their man, but they ship it AT the big instead of leading him into open space. That allows defenders to close down the big too easily.
        Fred also used "stop and go" to move defenders out of positions where they could block his passes. He knew where the defenders would be based on his position and where the guy he was going to pass to would be at that moment He controlled the defense with his pace to the basket and used that to open passing lanes to the guys going to the hoop.

Fred was playing chess against opponents playing checkers. He did that in AAU ball after his HS Jr season. He's still doing it in the NBA. He's just added better 3FG% to his game. He's a guaranteed NBA All-Star before his career is over.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Fred's going retro on the NBA Network (Chanel 259) at 8 pm (about 20 minutes from now).

They'll be recapping game 6 of the finals from last year.

Comment

• https://www.instagram.com/p/CAi_ft0n...ky5_eGncKcsj90
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Fred also used "stop and go" to move defenders out of positions where they could block his passes. He knew where the defenders would be based on his position and where the guy he was going to pass to would be at that moment He controlled the defense with his pace to the basket and used that to open passing lanes to the guys going to the hoop.

Fred was playing chess against opponents playing checkers. He did that in AAU ball after his HS Jr season. He's still doing it in the NBA. He's just added better 3FG% to his game. He's a guaranteed NBA All-Star before his career is over.
              I think all star as well. I mean look what he accomplishes everywhere he goes. Now he's got NBA talent to pass to, forget it NBA, Fred will win multiple championships, and will age like a fine wine. And when he's done? He's gonna coach and be a businessman too.

Comment

• That's it, I'm renaming my WiFi network to: Fred WAN Vleet
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Check out Absurd Planet episode 1 on Netflix...

Comment

• Originally posted by dregn View Post
                    Check out Absurd Planet episode 1 on Netflix...
                    Caught the reference last night watching with the family; the ole dung beetle... lol!

https://amp.reddit.com/r/torontorapt...ng_beetles_on/
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Fredrico Swavey!
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                      X