The Next AD - A Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
    I took it all with a grain of salt, but after a chance encounter with a WSU official last night, I’m still concerned about the direction the entire school is moving. From what I heard

-There’s a general lack of confidence in Muma in the WSU community
    -A new A.D is very small part of the over all puzzle
    -WSU is content with the new lame version of the AAC (This was the part of conversation that really baffled me. I said I wish WSU would look into the Big East and the guy looked at me like I was speaking Chinese)
    -They can’t figure out how to tear down Cessna without damaging Koch Arena
    -Lots of new projects in the works for the campus that are completely shrouded in secrecy

I’m concerned about WSU because they can’t seem to find it in themselves to trust any president since Bardo. It’s going to be pretty hard to get anything done if they can’t trust a president. And considering we don’t have football I will never understand their obsession with the AAC

Enrollment will be up 13% in the fall. Muma heavily relies on his staff, to include the Provost and Vice Presidents, to advise him on major issues. Golden was exactly the opposite. Bardo was a visionary who was smart enough to bring in JT and WSU Tech in his inner circle. Perfect fusion that was revolutionary and we may never see again.

The Cessna Stadium demolition will have to be done without explosives or instant destruction but it can be done from the North. This discussion is not new to the subject.

The things that NIAR is working on are always shrouded in secrecy until the time is both right and legal. As for the purely academic side of things, higher education is a rock fight between schools right now and it is not wise to show your cards so another school can steal ideas or have time to react.

None of the above means we will find the perfect AD. But let’s not let falsehoods get in the way of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Enrollment will be up 13% in the fall. Muma heavily relies on his staff, to include the Provost and Vice Presidents, to advise him on major issues. Golden was exactly the opposite. Bardo was a visionary who was smart enough to bring in JT and WSU Tech in his inner circle. Perfect fusion that was revolutionary and we may never see again.

The Cessna Stadium demolition will have to be done without explosives or instant destruction but it can be done from the North. This discussion is not new to the subject.

The things that NIAR is working on are always shrouded in secrecy until the time is both right and legal. As for the purely academic side of things, higher education is a rock fight between schools right now and it is not wise to show your cards so another school can steal ideas or have time to react.

None of the above means we will find the perfect AD. But let’s not let falsehoods get in the way of it.
      Amen!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

WSU is content with the new lame version of the AAC (This was the part of conversation that really baffled me. I said I wish WSU would look into the Big East and the guy looked at me like I was speaking Chinese)
        If the Big East wanted us, we’d be in the Big East already. Not to mention the cost of making a move is high already, and that’s without the athletic department hemorrhaging cash.
        Last edited by Kel Varnsen; May 21, 2022, 08:20 AM.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

If the Big East wanted us, we’d be in the Big East already. Not to mention the cost of making a move is high already, and that’s without the athletic department hemorrhaging cash.
          Thanks, Kel, forgot to address that.

Comment

• In the running for the “C’mon man” of the year award…

“They can’t figure out how to tear down Cessna without damaging Koch Arena ”
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              In the running for the “C’mon man” of the year award…

…and yet we are ready to send people to Mars.

Comment

…and yet we are ready to send people to Mars.
                I can't possibly go

Comment

Who’s idea was it to build the football stadium 20 feet away from the basketball stadium lol

Comment

• Depending on who the official is, there is also a goodly amount of bias based on a narrow view of the bigger picture.
                    WSU should be content in the AAC. The last thing we need is an athletic staff with discontent and itchy feet when we are looking for a new AD. This is the year to play the cards already dealt. We are still in a better conference than the MVC.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Who’s idea was it to build the football stadium 20 feet away from the basketball stadium lol
                      Get a crew up top with Hilti TE-60s and let them whittle it down. Make it a prison detail or something.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Get a crew up top with Hilti TE-60s and let them whittle it down. Make it a prison detail or something.
                        All it will cost is three beers a piece for each co-worker.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                          We are still in a better conference than the MVC.
                          If the only consideration is basketball, maybe, maybe not

Comment

I'd probably listen to ^this^ man if it were me.

Comment

Well, in his defense it is only part of a full sentence. The full sentence goes something like... "they can't figure out how to tear down Cessna without damaging Koch Arena, absent spending an obscene, eye-watering sum of cash."

Structures can go down the same way they went up, it is just painful on the pocketbook.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

If the only consideration is basketball, maybe, maybe not
                                Please.

Comment

Working...
                                X