The Next AD - A Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post
    Given they typos all happened at the same time across several posts, I just took it that he was into the sauce last night
    Apparently I need to fire my editor!

Also, it was only two posts, so give me some leeway ;-)
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      Also, it was only two posts, so give me some leeway ;-)
      Yeah, but how much sauce?
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

More than two
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Too much "sauce" can cause more "waste"ed space than just message board space. Maybe some other household members are unhappy too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Too much "sauce" can cause more "waste"ed space than just message board space. Maybe some other household members are unhappy too.
            Go do something useful like pushing a chain.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

None last night, unfortunately.

Might have to change that tonight.
              The Assman

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Looks like a firm with a good background and history of leading a search for an AD

Comment

• So if I read the article correctly, and based off of Parker's statements, the target date for a new AD hire should be around June 15th.

It's hard to be patient when you know how important this hire is and want to feel that the athletics department will finally be in good hands.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      So if I read the article correctly, and based off of Parker's statements, the target date for a new AD hire should be around June 15th.

It's hard to be patient when you know how important this hire is and want to feel that the athletics department will finally be in good hands.
                      I have faith that this will be a good hire.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I have faith that this will be a good hire.
                        It has to be. If it's not, we're in a world of hurt.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

It has to be. If it's not, we're in a world of hurt.
                          “Should our basketball position suddenly become vacant, who is on your short list to hire?”
                          ”Has Bob Richie removed himself from consideration yet? I’ve gotten a few emails about him.”

“Welcome to Wichita State.”

Comment

• Hiring AD's was not in Bardo's skill set. It appears Muma learned from that.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                              Hiring AD's was not in Bardo's skill set. It appears Muma learned from that.
                              Hiring ADs was not the end goal. Keeping the king happy was.

Comment

• I took it all with a grain of salt, but after a chance encounter with a WSU official last night, I’m still concerned about the direction the entire school is moving. From what I heard

-There’s a general lack of confidence in Muma in the WSU community
                                -A new A.D is very small part of the over all puzzle
                                -WSU is content with the new lame version of the AAC (This was the part of conversation that really baffled me. I said I wish WSU would look into the Big East and the guy looked at me like I was speaking Chinese)
                                -They can’t figure out how to tear down Cessna without damaging Koch Arena
                                -Lots of new projects in the works for the campus that are completely shrouded in secrecy

I’m concerned about WSU because they can’t seem to find it in themselves to trust any president since Bardo. It’s going to be pretty hard to get anything done if they can’t trust a president. And considering we don’t have football I will never understand their obsession with the AAC

Comment

Working...
                                X