No announcement yet.

Darron Boatright Enters Transfer Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we change the title of this thread to Darron Boatright Enters Transfer Portal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Can we change the title of this thread to Darron Boatright Enters Transfer Portal?
      I like this idea. We need to prepare a NIL for him as a parting gift. I have $.11 on my QT reward card right now I am willing to chip in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Can we change the title of this thread to Darron Boatright Enters Transfer Portal?
        Wish granted.

Wish might eventually be revoked by one Kung Wu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Boatright changed his bio from saying '@WichitaStateAD is my work account', it says '@WichitaStateAD was my work account'

Two jackasses walk into a bar…
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            Not defending DB, but that Bryan Rhodes fellow might be taking it just a few steps too far on Twitter. DB is no longer dragging WSU down, which is great, but no need to rub it in his face like it's second grade. He didn't kill or rape anyone. There are far worse people to harass on twitter if that's your jam.
            I get it but I don’t think he was harassing him, assuming that was his only tweet. He just was pointing out his Twitter info needed updated.

One could argue Boatright is stealing another 275k from WSU in the process.

I don’t think Boatright should be on Twitter anyways right now as he has yet to simmer. Probably should just take a month break anyways. His response didn’t garner much sympathy from anybody I’m sure. It’s not like the guy called him a douchecanoe, which one could certainly say he is.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I get it but I don’t think he was harassing him, assuming that was his only tweet.
              Yeah, but it wasn't his only tweet directed at DB. There were a bunch, trying desperately to get DB to react.

And obviously you know I'm miles away from being a DB apologist.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Yeah, but it wasn't his only tweet directed at DB. There were a bunch, trying desperately to get DB to react.

And obviously you know I'm miles away from being a DB apologist.
                Gotcha. Well if there’s more baiting, then yes I agree that’s going too far.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                  The KSN interview is in with this article.

Good job onegreatracer!

https://www.ksn.com/sports/shockers/...tor-boatright/
                  Excellent job!
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Gotcha. Well if there’s more baiting, then yes I agree that’s going too far.
                    There's been a few - https://twitter.com/OldTownRhodes/st...38541437243394

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• I mean, I can see his point…
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                        Rhodes comes off douchy but DB is probably the last person to talk about someone’s appearance…

Comment

• Appears that dude is just talking to himself most of the time with absolutely no likes or feedback. Just giving this douche an audience for no reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                            Appears that dude is just talking to himself most of the time with absolutely no likes or feedback. Just giving this douche an audience for no reason.
                            That is what is strange about Twitter. Normal people just post stuff knowing that they only have 10 followers and nobody will see it. It's like writing in a journal or talking to yourself. Strange...

Comment

• Looks like the national media is basically latching on to NIL as the reason for the firing. Mainly because the AP put out a lazy article on the whole thing with this as their first paragraph

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Wichita State fired athletic director Darron Boatright on Wednesday amid growing criticism over the university’s inability to compete in the new market of name, image and likeness payments to athletes.
                              and other media just picked up the article and it seems like that's all they read before making their own headlines and copying the AP story. People on Twitter just saw the headlines and people think the firing was all about NIL. Here's a good example and a guy who corrected the original tweeter

https://twitter.com/sportslover7215/...97223844974594

Too bad the AP didn't bother to read Taylor Eldridge's 5 things to know story and saw the other reason's why.
                              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                                Looks like the national media is basically latching on to NIL as the reason for the firing. Mainly because the AP put out a lazy article on the whole thing with this as their first paragraph

and other media just picked up the article and it seems like that's all they read before making their own headlines and copying the AP story. People on Twitter just saw the headlines and people think the firing was all about NIL. Here's a good example and a guy who corrected the original tweeter

https://twitter.com/sportslover7215/...97223844974594

Too bad the AP didn't bother to read Taylor Eldridge's 5 things to know story and saw the other reason's why.
                                LOL That tool is/was the play by play homer for UNI KABOOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X