JT Durley??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT Durley??

It seems that he is now more likely to redshirt this season.
    With MT trying to give R Bradley some minutes at the post more regularly it looks like MT is leaning towards redshirting Durley.
    I believe it would be in JT's best interest to redshirt if he doesn't he may not play till late January. What are your thoughts?

Like Turg said, if Durley looks like he can contribute this year, he'll play. If not, he won't.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Re: JT Durley??

Originally posted by shocks02
      It seems that he is now more likely to redshirt this season.
      With MT trying to give R Bradley some minutes at the post more regularly it looks like MT is leaning towards redshirting Durley.
      I believe it would be in JT's best interest to redshirt if he doesn't he may not play till late January. What are your thoughts?
      Bradley was only getting the minutes b/c they could afford to give him the minutes the last couple of games. my guess is it will be back to normal tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
        Like Turg said, if Durley looks like he can contribute this year, he'll play. If not, he won't.
        Yeah, I think its too early to assume a redshirt. With a returning Sweet Sixteen team the big question is what can help you win in March. JT might be a really useful contributor against some of the big bodies we will face in the NCAA's or he might not be in any position to help us at all given how much time he has missed. I think we are in a "wait and see" mode.
        The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I think we should play him as soon as he is ready. We have no reason to save him because we have a lot of solid bigs coming in next year as well. We are quickly moving from a bigman-poor situation to a bigman-rich situation. And there is plenty of year left for the Shox considering they are now considered a tourney team!

GOOOOOOOO SHOX!

T

...8)

Comment

JT Durley

Could someone clarify what options JT would have if by chance he did play a game or two, but maybe his knee is not 100%.

Question: If he plays less than 20% of the games, would he still be eligible for Red shirt status? Or, does this rule only apply to Medical Redshirts?

Comment

That's only for medical redshirts and he wouldn't qualify for one.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                That's only for medical redshirts and he wouldn't qualify for one.
                Unless his injury acted up and he/they decided that ir would be best not to play this year.

Comment

The correct term is medical hardship.

In Division I, a student-athlete can apply for a hardship waiver if a season-ending injury or illness occurs in the first half of the season. The student-athlete, however, must not have participated in more than two contests or dates of competition or 20 percent (whichever is greater) of the institutions’ scheduled contest.

I'm too lazy to do the math or look at the schedule. Which game marks the first half of the end of the regular season?
                  Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

I would imagine that it is end of the first semester. Which ended about a week ago. Since players such as Bill Walker become eligible then too.

Comment

Chatted with Spin outside the Rio in the cab line. I would bet that Durley will redshirt, just from the tone of the conversation.

Comment

You have tho think we'll find out within the next week.

Comment

The redshirts for Paul Miller and PJ helped them tremendously. Dion Sherril's refusal to consider one ended up being a disaster for him. He wasn't ready when he sat out a transfer year either.

Comment

How many Valley games would we win by 20+? There just isn't enough games that he would play in for him to waste a season on.

Comment

I agree. Let him fully recover, then we have him for 4 more years. Unless something drastic happens, we won't really need him bad enough to waste a season of eligibility.

Comment

Working...
                              X