No announcement yet.

Henry Thengvall is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a shirt when I was growing up that Cameron signed. I must have been 8th grade. He was the only signature too, and I wore that shirt until the sharpie disappeared.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
      I had a shirt when I was growing up that Cameron signed. I must have been 8th grade. He was the only signature too, and I wore that shirt until the sharpie disappeared.
      Dave Stallworth used to sit at the opposite end of the row I usually sat in. I pointed him out to my grandson and he wanted to get his autograph so he looped around the concourse to the next vomitory and approached Dave. Dave said what do you have for me to sign and my grandson said you can just sign my shirt. Dave said, "you want me to ruin a perfectly good shirt?" My grandson said, "Yes, please!"

Comment

Can Henry coach?

Comment

A walk-on coach would certainly save money.

Comment

Multi-sport athletes like Thengvall are always a plus. Interesting how Steve Eck coached two recent additions - Thengvall and Rojas - and in one of the articles Eck mentioned he's known Coach Brown for awhile. Who knows, one day Eck may be one of Brown's assistants.
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

I attended much of Saturday's events at Cessna Stadium, and I believe Henry finished 3rd in the 1600. It wasn't an event I wasn't dialed in on but I'm pretty sure I heard his name.

Not sure how that impacts basketball at all, but I guess he's pretty well conditioned.
              Last edited by SubGod22; May 31, 2022, 01:39 PM.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Has anybody seen Henry practice with the squad? Does he get run over or can he hang?

Didn't he run cross country? Having a kid with his endurance with this short of a roster seems like a perfect opportunity for a walk-on. But can he hang?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Has anybody seen Henry practice with the squad? Does he get run over or can he hang?

Didn't he run cross country? Having a kid with his endurance with this short of a roster seems like a perfect opportunity for a walk-on. But can he hang?
                  I remember watching him play in Greece (Kevin Saal posted game highlights) and thought he was pretty solid. I definitely believe he could play some ‘spot minutes’ here and there to give the workhorses a breather.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I have not, but I imagine that if he could hang with the starters, he would be a scholarship player.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Only seen Henry play once in high school against Heights. He was a solid shooter at that level that night.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I have not, but I imagine that if he could hang with the starters, he would be a scholarship player.
                        Well to me "hang" implies "hang in there". Can he give 5 quality minutes per half (maybe not be relied on to contribute to scoring, but doesn't have defensive lapses either)?

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I remember watching him play in Greece (Kevin Saal posted game highlights) and thought he was pretty solid. I definitely believe he could play some ‘spot minutes’ here and there to give the workhorses a breather.
                          That would be a huge help. Wonder if we will get to see the local kid step in?

Comment

Well to me "hang" implies "hang in there". Can he give 5 quality minutes per half (maybe not be relied on to contribute to scoring, but doesn't have defensive lapses either)?
                            I would doubt it personally. I would guess that he's not quite athletically on the same level as Zach Bush (purely anecdotal). And he could maybe give a few minutes against some bad non-con opponents, but AAC competition? Not likely.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I would doubt it personally. I would guess that he's not quite athletically on the same level as Zach Bush (purely anecdotal). And he could maybe give a few minutes against some bad non-con opponents, but AAC competition? Not likely.

Comment

I would think Joy would get those minutes before Henry would. Riginal could play more minutes at the 3 and 4 too. So I don’t see Henry getting anything more than mop up time for the foreseeable future. However he seems like a great kid and we are fortunate to have him as an invited walk on.

Comment

Working...
                                X