Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Needed Benedict Morris…Lol!!!
    He would have fouled out without even checking in!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      Not enough size today; Got bullied a lot. MM’s technical might have been the difference in the end though.

Always next season. If JE isn’t the NBA by that point, he could really help this team out.
      Clearly. They were the tougher team. Shocks played catch up the whole game, but to their credit they still competed.

I enjoyed watching some Summer time hoops.

Comment

• It was so much fun watching this team play. They play hard! They were a joy to watch and made my summer better. I am already looking forward to next year. Very proud of this team!
        Go Shocks!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Thought this might be of interest to some. If it was previously posted and I missed it, oops.

WSU - Elam Ending's creator to speak at Wichita State

Nick Elam, educator and inventor of what is known as the Elam Ending in basketball, will speak at Wichita State University at 5:15 p.m. Aug. 23 in 231 Hubbard Hall. The event is free and open to the public.

The Elam Ending has gained acclaim as an exciting format to end basketball games, and it is currently employed by TBT: The Basketball Tournament, including at TBT regional being played in Wichita. The story of the Elam Ending is about more than basketball and statistics. It's about persistence and positive thinking. Elam’s speech will explore the personal side of a 15-year (and counting) journey to bring a vision to life on the court. The speech will have takeaways for an audience of future leaders, innovators and risk-takers.

Elam’s presentation is the first WSU’s College of Applied Studies’ Corbin Connect speaker series, presented by Credit Union of America.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Here is a speaking engagement from the creator of the Elam Ending, Nick Elam from 2018 explaining the hybrid duration format now known as the Elam Ending. I think it is brilliant thinking and a format that college basketball could experiment during the early part of the season at holiday-time tournaments. These tournaments have been used over the course of history to test things like the three-point line distance among other things. I like how Elam explains, based on real basketball related statistics, the 4-minute Elam Ending start rule at the end of regulation. He also goes into detail regarding what fouling by the trailing team and how the leading team appears to change their style at about the 4-minute mark at the end of games. Elam is very thoughtful and has convinced me the Elam Ending would create more excitement at the end of games than the current method. Anyway give it a listen.

Comment

• It's fun for the TBT. I still wouldn't want to see it in college.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Sounds like there is a chance we could become the finals host too...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Sounds like there is a chance we could become the finals host too...
                    Oh?
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post

Oh?

Makes sense. Dayton had a ton of fans there... But still not as many as us.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        It's fun for the TBT. I still wouldn't want to see it in college.
                        I thought the same thing until I looked at Elam's analytics. The quality of basketball really deteriorates during the last 4 minutes, both from a trailing team fouling constantly and the leading team taking the air out of the ball. The quality of basketball goes down hill in almost every case. The probability for an exciting winning finish by the trailing team happens so rarely. I would love to see it experimented in the early season tournaments and even by the NIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I thought the same thing until I looked at Elam's analytics. The quality of basketball really deteriorates during the last 4 minutes, both from a trailing team fouling constantly and the leading team taking the air out of the ball. The quality of basketball goes down hill in almost every case. The probability for an exciting winning finish by the trailing team happens so rarely. I would love to see it experimented in the early season tournaments and even by the NIT.
                          Statisticians are cringing lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Statisticians are cringing lol
                            LOL...
                            We will always remember CF's Elam Endings last year vs. potentially winning/losing those same games by a random player dribbling the clock out a midcourt.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

It also diminishes the importance of FT shooting. Especially FT shooting in high pressure situations.

And the game we lost in the TBT would have been quite exciting without the EE, and probably more so.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• The Elam Ending is really fun for this tournament. It provides some excitement and novelty that you don't always have.

But it should be nowhere near high school, college, or the NBA. It reduces the possibility for comebacks. It takes the urgency out of the game. Why not make every game a race to 69 points and call it good?

College basketball is a unique sport in a lot of ways.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X