X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Tyrus will be back!

Comment

• The officiating was so bad in a few calls that the crowd lost control on sportsmanship for a while. Usually that’s limited to the student section only but it felt like all 5000 saw it that way this time. It’s embarrassing but can you blame them? This isn’t college ball either. This is pro ball to a certain degree and it’s for a tournament that’s trying to gain popularity. There for a while I was starting to wonder if it was rigged it was so bad. Ultimately I could see that it’s just me… that I’m so used to watching college ball I was assuming it was bad officiating when in fact they were just calling it for men instead of boys and I wasn’t used to it. Once our guys adapted and started hammering away, the tide turned.

That explains a lot of it but there was also a stretch of calls where it didn’t feel right and the crowd was all over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Not me. I've watched a ton of the other games and many games that would have been dribble out foul fests end up being really good close games
        Exactly. ELAM ending is the way to go. Always hate the fouling and stalling to end games. A timeout can be used to set the target when you get a lead, like game before last. Just a lot of benefits for the fans entertainment.

Comment

• Pretty good game between Florida TNT and Americana for Autism right now on ESPN2. Will enter the Elam ending soon. We play the winner.

Forgot man-bun plays for Florida TNT. Although he doesn't have his man-bun anymore.....still hate that guy
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Aftershox won't get a chance for revenge.

They will play Americana for Autism.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Shox will have their hands full once again, especially with no 6th man.

Americana for Autism is very balanced, gifted offensively, deep and old.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Showing my age but i LOVED BERNARD KING!!!

Kelly remains my favorite Shocker ever… ultimate glue guy
                Maybe not the best of comparisons, but, Willis did take over for a 10 minute stretch which really decided the outcome. He couldn't be stopped, just like Bernard back in the day. He's played really strong the whole tournament. What league is he playing in professionally?

Having McGee back has to make the Shocks the favorite. His absence was discernible in the first half the other night, as he play both ends of the court.

Comment

• Before I am ready to crown our guys, I have to see how they do without 5000 people cheering for them. You can’t necessarily use a past year to predict the current year in this event since teams aren’t completely the same, but I still remember the A’Shocks getting embarrassed in Dayton last year. I attribute some of that to not having a crowd backing them. They will have to find a way to make their own energy in these next one or two games.
                  78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    Before I am ready to crown our guys, I have to see how they do without 5000 people cheering for them. You can’t necessarily use a past year to predict the current year in this event since teams aren’t completely the same, but I still remember the A’Shocks getting embarrassed in Dayton last year. I attribute some of that to not having a crowd backing them. They will have to find a way to make their own energy in these next one or two games.
                    Hopefully it’ll remind them of playing in Europe.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      Before I am ready to crown our guys, I have to see how they do without 5000 people cheering for them. You can’t necessarily use a past year to predict the current year in this event since teams aren’t completely the same, but I still remember the A’Shocks getting embarrassed in Dayton last year. I attribute some of that to not having a crowd backing them. They will have to find a way to make their own energy in these next one or two games.
                      The Mark Adams family needs to bring it loud! Embrace the screaming idiot persona.

Comment

• I am hopeful that with an additional year of experience, they will be ready for what they face in Dayton. Go Aftershocks!!!
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                          Pretty good game between Florida TNT and Americana for Autism right now on ESPN2. Will enter the Elam ending soon. We play the winner.

Forgot man-bun plays for Florida TNT. Although he doesn't have his man-bun anymore.....still hate that guy
                          Man Rob is awesome. Met him in a Dallas hotel when they were playing SMU. We chatted for a bit and he posed for a picture and even threw up the Shocker sign. He would have been an all time fan favorite had he played here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post

Man Rob is awesome. Met him in a Dallas hotel when they were playing SMU. We chatted for a bit and he posed for a picture and even threw up the Shocker sign. He would have been an all time fan favorite had he played here.
                            He carried that them that should have gone to the Sweet 16. Dude could ball.

I agree, he’s one of those “love him if he’s on your team, but hate him if he’s not” type players.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Showing my age but i LOVED BERNARD KING!!!

Kelly remains my favorite Shocker ever… ultimate glue guy
                              Nice story about Rashard in the Eagle today. You have to love a college-age guy who uses his summer break to take care of his mom as she was recovering from cancer surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

Nice story about Rashard in the Eagle today. You have to love a college-age guy who uses his summer break to take care of his mom as she was recovering from cancer surgery.
                                Rashard has an unusual dedication to family and "doing the right thing" that you don't see often enough, especially among young people. He's a genuine "good dude" with a strong moral compass. As fans, we always want to see our guys do well but that feeling, at least for me, is especially strong when it comes to RK. I probably have more confidence in his long term success than almost any person his age. Absolutely love seeing him succeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X