2022 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea .. i think you have an odd definition of success required to watch a game at CKA ....

I repeat again .. the games at Koch Arena (which is what we are discussing here .. the attendance at Koch arena) .. have for the most part, been the most exciting games to happen there in the last few years ...
    You got me. Except for the part about hoping that they'll win the championship, or at least win a game outside of Koch, makes me a Chicken fan, because if they don't it's kind of disappointing? Huh? That's quite a leap buddy.

If you think "attendance at Koch" (or lack of), and the role of apathy (I explained why) possibly playing a part (however small) is weird, then maybe you should go over to the HCIB thread and straighten out all them Chicken fans wasting our time...

And who said the performance on the court is bad? Did someone on this board share that, excluding the HCIB thread, and I missed it?

Comment

• Just spoke to the ticket office. Sales are slower than the Saturday game.

Some of our favorite ex Shockers going for a regional championship inside the Chuck? And apparently most are not interested enough to go cheer them on? Really?

Come on guys. These guys deserve 2 hours of your time. Get to the game, no excuses.

Comment

• Is there one site to compare attendance at other regionals to ours?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Just spoke to the ticket office. Sales are slower than the Saturday game.

Some of our favorite ex Shockers going for a regional championship inside the Chuck? And apparently most are not interested enough to go cheer them on? Really?

Come on guys. These guys deserve 2 hours of your time. Get to the game, no excuses.
          But it's much easier to make excuses why it's someone's else's fault they can't/won't go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
            Is there one site to compare attendance at other regionals to ours?
            Taylor with the timely tweet

Comment

• In my defense, I've never had a great deal of interest in attending and have only gone when prompted by friends who wanted me to join. And that had more to do with spending time with people I care about than it was watching the former Shockers. Not saying I never found some enjoyment while there, but it's simply not at the top of my list of things to do. I'd rather go home after work and hang out with my dogs and maybe watch on TV. If my friends hit me up sometime today and want me to go with them, I'll go. If they don't, I'm going home after work and immediately going into chillax mode for the rest of the evening.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

New Mexico regional quite similar to ours. Bolstered by a 1st Round matchup between UNM & NMSU then a 2nd round missing 1 marquee team. Wichita still with the 1st and 3rd best attended days in the tournament. They should have Baker suit up just to sell tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

New Mexico regional quite similar to ours. Bolstered by a 1st Round matchup between UNM & NMSU then a 2nd round missing 1 marquee team. Wichita still with the 1st and 3rd best attended days in the tournament. They should have Baker suit up just to sell tickets.
                  Yea, it will be interesting to see tonight's attendance. Both Friday and Saturday had both WSU and KSU playing. KSU had more fans there than i thought they would.

Comment

• Also for those of you on the fence but don't want to spend a ton. No one is checking your tickets besides at security .. plenty of seats to move around ... just saying lol

Comment

• I thought tickets were all GA? Is that not the case?
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Takeaways from going to Friday and Saturday's games:
                        • Alumni everywhere. Paul Miller was picking up alumni tickets in line next to me. Walked past Rauno Nurger (still with that baby face) in the concourse. Nick Wiggins and Chadrack Lufile sat behind the bench. Jaime Echenique sat in the stands and signed his fair share of autographs. So fun to see everyone.
                        • Current players were there for both games, but the best was when a couple of them got into some courtside seats for Saturday's game. Each time Frankamp torched Peter Kiss the players were really giving him the business coming down the other end!
                        • You can tell how happy some of these guys are to be back in Koch arena. These fans will love you forever.
                        • Shaq got boo'd by about 3 total people the first time he touched the ball Friday. His first free throw was all applause, with many, many more people participating.
                        • Couple good sales at the shocker store, poke your head in. I got an Under Armour shirt for $15.
                        • Less people Saturday, expecting even less Monday. Prove me wrong! GA tickets are only $20 at the ticket office.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          I thought tickets were all GA? Is that not the case?
                          Perhaps they should be, at least for the championship game. Fill up the lower bowl. Or make an announcement at the end of the first quarter to move anywhere you like.

Comment

lol at Xavier’s attendance
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              I thought tickets were all GA? Is that not the case?
                              No, that is not the case. GA is sections 116, 117, 125, 126. The two sections immediately behind each basket. We are loving ours!
                              Go Shocks!

Comment

• I received an email from the ticket office. The quarterfinal game on Wednesday has been moved to an 8pm tip. I am sure that is to accommodate espn.
                                Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X