UCF at Wichita State Pregame Discussion 1-26-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Don't be such a little c**t. How's this c-word?
    You mad?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post

Yeah...just imagine how life has a funny way of changing....the young people who had college planned and then lost a parent. How about the generation who looked forward to their lives but then so many sons (even younger than our players) bravely stepped forward and went off to war....never to return. How about the businesses that have been shattered by so many tragedies over the last several years. Indeed, just imagine. How does one stay motivated to play a game...a game that is giving them a "free" education.
      Good point, but as you know, "pain and suffering" is relative. There are teenagers killing themselves each year because their parents grounded them from their personal electronic devices. We are so far gone as a society, and I don't know how we find our way back.

Comment

We cannot attend (again) mrs p's leg still not well enough. Called ticket office to to void our tix and leave them at "will call" for my grandson. They cannot do that, they claim. (They did it two weeks ago. ) They krept talking over me and down to me and telling me I had tickets on my phone. (I don't, hell I dunno if I even have re-dial). We did get tickets on an email, wife printed them out and they are in a drawer in the kitchen. Not on my phone. I guess the seats will be empty, thanks to that arrogant condescending *****)

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          We cannot attend (again) mrs p's leg still not well enough. Called ticket office to to void our tix and leave them at "will call" for my grandson. They cannot do that, they claim. (They did it two weeks ago. ) They krept talking over me and down to me and telling me I had tickets on my phone. (I don't, hell I dunno if I even have re-dial). We did get tickets on an email, wife printed them out and they are in a drawer in the kitchen. Not on my phone. I guess the seats will be empty, thanks to that arrogant condescending *****)
          What a shame; things are going to hell in a handbasket...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

While they definitely could have handled the communication better... You can just email the ticket to your grandson. If you printed it and can't find the email anymore... Take a picture of it with your phone then email or text it to him.

Also, easy way to find them in your email is to search for tickets1

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You mad?
              Bleeding heart liberals = po'ed all of the time.

But you both make good points. It would suck to have your college career over the last 2 years be because of that c word. But if they get enough of the other c word it may keep their minds off of it.

Comment

The worst thing about this team is they give you real hope just about every game and then it just goes in the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                  The worst thing about this team is they give you real hope just about every game and then it just goes in the toilet.
                  Losing games makes you take an honest hard look at who you really are. This team is not that far from being 13-3, having blown double-digit leads in four losses.

PLEASE understand that I’m not making excuses or saying this team is good. Quite the opposite actually. I don’t think our fanbase would be quite as gloomy with a 13-3 record, but I think there’d still be people cringing because the fact is this team is quite flawed. Our metrics would be a bit better but still would not be very good. We’d still have an administration who has pissed off our biggest donors. We’d still have a milquetoast head coach who doesn’t inspire the fiery spirit of our fanbase.

As painful and annoying as this season has been, I guess I’m grateful for the honest picture rather than to be living a lie to the true state of things.
                  78-65

Comment

Of course we win, but only by a couple points. The Shockers are always supposed to win according to my predictions. I'm tired and sick of being wrong, but never plan on not watching every solitary game if I'm breathing. Go Shocks!!!

WSU 70

UCF 68
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                      Of course we win, but only by a couple points. The Shockers are always supposed to win according to my predictions. I'm tired and sick of being wrong, but never plan on not watching every solitary game if I'm breathing. Go Shocks!!!

WSU 70

UCF 68
                      I'm with you (except on the we win prediction). I am a glutton for punishment when it comes to the Shox, much to the chagrin of my wife.

Comment

homer, overly optimistic, please for the love of god win a game prediction...

shockers - 69
                        ucf - 62

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Losing games makes you take an honest hard look at who you really are. This team is not that far from being 13-3, having blown double-digit leads in four losses.

PLEASE understand that I’m not making excuses or saying this team is good. Quite the opposite actually. I don’t think our fanbase would be quite as gloomy with a 13-3 record, but I think there’d still be people cringing because the fact is this team is quite flawed. Our metrics would be a bit better but still would not be very good. We’d still have an administration who has pissed off our biggest donors. We’d still have a milquetoast head coach who doesn’t inspire the fiery spirit of our fanbase.

As painful and annoying as this season has been, I guess I’m grateful for the honest picture rather than to be living a lie to the true state of things.
                          Yep, I see what you're saying. This poor season is worth it IF and only IF it results in change. I'm just worried given our budget and unknown qualities of our president, things will look exactly the same (if not worse) next season. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Yep, I see what you're saying. This poor season is worth it IF and only IF it results in change. I'm just worried given our budget and unknown qualities of our president, things will look exactly the same (if not worse) next season. Hope I'm wrong.
                            Why would things be better next season?

Comment

Why would things be better next season?
                              Blind Optimism? I don't know. Most likely won't be better.

Comment

It's starting to seem a little late for a postponement.
                                Phi Alpha

Comment

Working...
                                X