Coaches speak about the transfer portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
    And shockernet has now officially become Foxernet. I used to really enjoy the basketball discussion here. I’m out.
    Huh? That didn’t really make any sense.

Peace out.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I am waiting for all these college kids and their NIL deals to get introduced to Turbo Tax and the IRS.

Comment

And shockernet has now officially become Foxernet. I used to really enjoy the basketball discussion here. I’m out.
        The Shocker Faithful would welcome you with open arms.
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
          I am waiting for all these college kids and their NIL deals to get introduced to Turbo Tax and the IRS.
          The Assman

Comment

Well excuse all the black players for wanting a piece of the billion dollar pie that is college athletics and wanting financial freedom for their family’s and themselves.
            Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

College basketball was not political in the least 10 years ago. Since then, it (like many other areas of life previously free from any politics) have been infected by left-wing politics and causes. So it’s not SN that’s initiating it.

Happy trails.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                Well excuse all the black players for wanting a piece of the billion dollar pie that is college athletics and wanting financial freedom for their family’s and themselves.
                If Duke, Stanford, or another equally reputable academic institution wanted to give me a full ride to play a game and be a God on campus for 4 or 5 years, I’d donate a kidney and a testicle to make that happen.

I’d even let them pick which ones.
                The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

If Duke, Stanford, or another equally reputable academic institution wanted to give me a full ride to play a game and be a God on campus for 4 or 5 years, I’d donate a kidney and a testicle to make that happen.

I’d even let them pick which ones.
                  Would it affect your performance as a God on campus with only one testicle?

Comment

Billion dollar piece of the pie? Tell me where the NCAA keeps their Scrooge McDuck money bin.

They are getting a college education for free. Plus top-notch sport-specific training, meals, books, gear, academic support, travel, and exposure that’s worth well over $100k per year if you’re at the elite schools, and approaching that at other D1 basketball schools. Not exactly peanuts.

If an athlete doesn’t like it they are free to go elsewhere, like overseas or in the G League. There’s a reason why most kids (the majority of whom are African-American) choose college basketball.

The value in college athletics is primarily because of the schools because the players change every two years. I didn’t become a WSU fan until I attended school at WSU. I don’t cheer for them because of the players. I cheer for the players because I went to the same school they represent.

The hatred of the NCAA and the collegiate athletics model is a result of blind groupthink that prevents those who embrace it from engaging any of the complex issues in the matter.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Who said it was limited to blacks?

​​​​​​20-30 schools will become NBA and NFL minor league teams.
                      the rest of the schools will never have a chance to compete untill a new college athletics association is formed in to resemble 50s -90s NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Would it affect your performance as a God on campus with only one testicle?
                        For a lesser man, maybe
                        The Assman

Comment

There are far more black athletes going to schools that will never be able to pay any athlete or very little in nil. So the few players who will make any real money are probably going to be pros eventually anyway. The others (black, white, brown or red), will never be able to be competitive with the schools that have the big donors.
                          so maybe 7% of the 19 year olds will have enough money to squander and get into trouble with before they even complete college or go pro.
                          Then what with no education?

Comment

I see where y’all are coming from in terms of the importance of getting a free education but at the same time you have to look at it from these college students perspective, a lot of them only get a stipend that covers a certain amount for food, laundry and hygiene products, they barely have enough left to spend on any recreational things they want to go out and do.(I’m not talking about weed.)

If you were given a god given talent like the athleticism these kids were blessed with you would want to make money off of it as well, some of these kids come from a not so financially great background so anyway they could help themselves and their family members as soon as possible would be a tremendous benefit, what benefit is having to study for a four year degree right now when my mom is struggling to pay the rent at home with my siblings living there this month? A lot of times these kids are getting paid under the table anyways so why not try and find a way to legitimize it? So should they work a part time job where they will make crumbs and it will interfere with their studying and training? Being a student athlete is a tough enough job as it is by its self.

These kids put their bodies and careers on the line every game for a scholarship, these coaches make millions and get to decide when and where they want to coach with minimal gripes, if you think the ncaa isn’t making billions on just March madness alone, go look at the numbers.
                            Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

It would be a little better if they would make the nil money go to a savings account, allowing small draws of say $600/month and retain the rest until a diploma is in hand. No diploma, the money left goes to the smaller less fortunate schools for use nil use or a charity of the athletes choice.

That would encourage education.

Comment

This is a link to the 25 wealthiest athletics programs. Probably the most important part is in the details which shows donation money.
                                since schools can't pay a player, I believe a big portion of this donation money will go to a nonprofit organization affiliated to these schools who distribute the money to players of need for their team.
                                This is how Texas does it and I believe that will be the. norm very soon.
                                I also think these 25 or a few more will be the only teams to get the 4&5 star kids in the next few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X