Chris Jans to Wichita State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Jans to Wichita State

I think it's gonna happen. Probably within 12 months. The boosters will make their voice heard. Chris would come here in a heartbeat and I truly believe we'd be back to peak "Gregg Marshall Era" in short order.

Keep a tight leash on after work activities. And we'll need a Jim Schaus-type to enforce a code of honor. After that... just start sizing the rings because Play Angry IS ****ING BACK!

https://nmstatesports.com/news/2021/...20%24294%2C000.

Doesn't our head assistant coach make close to $200k? I mean...

Comment

Gotta have an AD that will make that call. We don't have that AD
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

At this point, is the WSU position truly better than what he already has? I’d love to have him here…but, I just don’t know that we’d be his #1 choice right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Gotta have an AD that will make that call. We don't have that AD
          I believe the AD's contract is coming up for renewal. The boosters will give B-Lip his instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
            At this point, is the WSU position truly better than what he already has? I’d love to have him here…but, I just don’t know that we’d be his #1 choice right now.
            It has been said, that Chris would give anything to be the head coach at Wichita State.

This was said before Gregg Marshall was fired though.

Chris would be holding practices with similar intensity to 3G. Perhaps we could pencil a no-slapping/choking stipulation into his contract. But make no mistake, it would be Bobby Knight-ville in Koch Arena once again. And that thought in no way seems depressing.

Comment

Yes. While the AAC is dropping farther away from the P5/BE, it will still be #7, no worse than #8. He's definitely in the lower half, lower third where he is coaching now.

Comment

Jans

Comment

He's got a good job where he can have success. But Jans also knows what Wichita can be and the resources it has. He loved Wichita and I'm sure he'd come back. I'm assuming the big donors would support this as well. The fan base would rally around him.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

He's got a good job where he can have success. But Jans also knows what Wichita can be and the resources it has. He loved Wichita and I'm sure he'd come back. I'm assuming the big donors would support this as well. The fan base would rally around him.
                    Jans would be like our Randy Smithson... except with a whole lot more D1 experience. Damn, did I really just invoke the ghost of R. Smithson lmao.

Does everybody remember the excitement when Randy was hired? Well, Jans would be 3x that.

Comment

In my opinion, I don’t see Muma and his wokeness culture supporting Jans as a hire. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                        In my opinion, I don’t see Muma and his wokeness culture supporting Jans as a hire. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
                        That's where solid AD and boosters take over

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                          His indiscretion that hurt his wife, then him. She has apparently forgiven him. He has since had no problems.

If that's the case, maybe I'm supporting the wrong institution. I do not believe I'd be the only one either.

Comment

Posted before, but I’ll post it here:

If you fire Brown and hire Jans and average his salary at $1.5mm over 6 years, you’d breakeven in year 6/7.
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

With the success Jans is having at NMSU, and him recently signing a contract extension not too long ago, is there any chance he would be interested in coming here?

Comment

Working...
                              X