It was fun while it lasted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post

don't fool yourself. There are a lot of kids that make decisions based on playing time or holes in the lineup. There are a lot of holes to fill here, especially if we have turnover.
    A lot of kids like winning too.

I’d rather find those kids.
    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

A lot of kids like winning too.

I’d rather find those kids.
      agree all things being equal. With this class, we have to sell playing time. Hopefully our recruits are used to winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

agree all things being equal. With this class, we have to sell playing time. Hopefully our recruits are used to winning.
        Not just winning, but winning through adversity. They are going to need it if IB is their coach.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          No way Jans is going to be hired with the present AD.

I still remember the undefeated regular season and the fun it was. Hold tightly to those memories. It going to be a sucky half-decade (at least) on Shockernet. Let hope baseball can come back.
          I hear you saying that and that is fine but do you know Boatright personally and is that firsthand knowledge? Because if it is, that is double rationale for giving him the boot.

Comment

"It was fun while it lasted"

I'm not sure this has been mentioned after yesterday's collapse. For the first 30 minutes it was a fun game to attend. I thought the crowd was energized from the start with more people in attendance than I had expected. We played with "fervor" for the first 15 minutes of the game and about the same the second half. Guess that's what makes it so difficult to accept. We've lost that winning feeling and confidence is nonexistent during crunch time. I've read comments about us playing great defense yesterday and it was mentioned again on Sports Sunday (which I rarely watch). I'd say our defense was pretty good for 30 minutes, but we broke down and continued to leave their shooters open during the closing minutes of both halves.

One thing that continues to bother me. TE needs to quit smiling and jawing with the opposing bench; just play the game. He fires up the opposition with his smiles and chatter... they seem to be getting the last laugh. He needs to be a leader, but that might not be in his genes.

Looks like I picked a bad year to...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

I hear you saying that and that is fine but do you know Boatright personally and is that firsthand knowledge? Because if it is, that is double rationale for giving him the boot.
              I can say it’s not first hand knowledge for me, but I have heard it from several different people with first hand knowledge.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                "It was fun while it lasted"

I'm not sure this has been mentioned after yesterday's collapse. For the first 30 minutes it was a fun game to attend. I thought the crowd was energized from the start with more people in attendance than I had expected. We played with "fervor" for the first 15 minutes of the game and about the same the second half. Guess that's what makes it so difficult to accept. We've lost that winning feeling and confidence is nonexistent during crunch time. I've read comments about us playing great defense yesterday and it was mentioned again on Sports Sunday (which I rarely watch). I'd say our defense was pretty good for 30 minutes, but we broke down and continued to leave their shooters open during the closing minutes of both halves.

One thing that continues to bother me. TE needs to quit smiling and jawing with the opposing bench; just play the game. He fires up the opposition with his smiles and chatter... they seem to be getting the last laugh. He needs to be a leader, but that might not be in his genes.

Looks like I picked a bad year to...

Fervor. I miss fervor.

Comment

Yep, "It was fun while it lasted".

I wouldn't be surprised to se several players hit the Transfer Portal when the season ends.

In the recent poll, I thought Ricky Council (Freshman), Kenny Pohto (Freshman), Craig Porter (Junior), and Tyson Etienne (Sophomore) would be the most likely. I wouldn't be surprised to see Monzy Jackson (Sophomore), Dexter Dennis (Junior) join them later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

I have heard from knowledgeable sources that Boatright does not like Jans and if there had been a national coaches search he would have not been considered.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I have heard from knowledgeable sources that Boatright does not like Jans and if there had been a national coaches search he would have not been considered.
                      I don’t have any opinion on Boatright, but imo, Jans has the type of blue collar, winning personality that will be successful and a “good fit” at Wichita State. All he needs to do is surround himself with coaches who are strong recruiters.

If Boatright really thinks that way, he’s wrong and needs to get out of the way.

Comment

I remember when the Shox were a legitimate 10 deep and in unbelievable physical condition. They tended to win the last five minutes of both halves because the opponent was gassed and the Shox still had fresh legs. IMHO losing the last 5 minutes of both halves is a sign of fatigued players playing against fresher players.

That doesn't explain some unmotivated and uninspired play coming out to start the second half, which has been a problem in some games.

Comment

I heard that our field goal % was one of the worst in the NCAA on the Steve & Ted show this morning. Yep, it is very very bad ... 324th out of 350 teams!

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketbal...nt/team/148/p7

Just to give some comparisons:
                          The only AAC team worse in field goal % is South Florida.
                          The entire MVC is better than we are (the worst is Evansville which is a spot above WSU at 323).

Something is seriously wrong!

I'm not going to weigh in much on the coaching except say everything I have heard about Brown is that he is a great guy and it is truly unfortunate that this does not appear to be working out.

Comment

When only 10% of your shots are of the “good” quality, combine that with some low to moderately skilled offensive players, throw in a little weed and that’s what you get.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Well then Boatright needs to go Right $&@?ing Now!

Comment

Working...
                              X