Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
    I don’t see us winning a game this month
    I said that after the Memphis loss. I looked ahead at our schedule and couldn’t find our next definite win.
    78-65

Comment

• To repeat myself - this season is in the toilet. Of all our players the only two I
      would be upset about losing are CP and KP and I it really troubles me the way
      KP has been managed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        ETN is not even half the player he was. That dumbfounds me. Until he is right like he was his 1st 2 years, the rest means squat. We aren't gonna win unless our POY is making plays.

I hate to say that our success rests on 1 player, but for us, it's like the Bulls not having Jordan. That's how big of an impact he made for the Shox. When he was nails, everybody else played their role.

I cannot believe how off from last year he is.
        The Bulls were still good without Jordan. We're not even good with Tyson
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I’m beyond perplexed. I really thought we had no shot after hearing Porter was a no go. But they come out with a purpose and appeared have installed a weave offensive and it was working, for the most part. So why do they go to a isolation clear out and a high one pick offensive for Tyson yet again in the last 8 mins?
          This is the wasted season I expected last year instead we had a fluky conference championship and now we’re stuck with this shitshow for the foreseeable future.
          Last edited by ShoxFan7; January 16, 2022, 02:52 PM.
          If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Tyson is good when he’s not trying to be a leader, a point guard, or trying to save a game. He’s a freaking spot up shooter. Please stop trying to make him something he is not. Put him in his role and let him score on open shots. I don’t care if we have to start Qua Grant at point. Let Tyson do what he does, otherwise he will continue to kill this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post
              I’m beyond perplexed. I really thought we had no shot after hearing Porter was a no go. But they come out with a purpose and appeared have installed a weave offensive and it was working, for the most part. So why do they go to a isolation clear out and a high one pick offensive for Tyson yet again in the last 8 mins?
              This is the wasted season I expected last year instead we had a fluky conference championship and now we’re stuck with shitshow for the foreseeable future.
              It’s called the coach panicked and went back to what he thinks works, which is give the ball to his savior.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                To repeat myself - this season is in the toilet. Of all our players the only two I
                would be upset about losing are CP and KP and I it really troubles me the way
                KP has been managed.
                I also want Porter back.

Comment

• Is anyone really surprised by today's game? It's the same old same old. It has been this way since the post season last year. And on it goes. So many losses at HOME. Ugly, horrific basketball. And, at the end of this fiasco of a season, we're going to see a lot of defections. Take your meds, boys. You're gonna need them. For one program to turn south so quickly is disgusting...and the athletic budget is going to continue to melt away. Hard times ahead.

Comment

• I feel bad for IB but he just can’t do what is necessary. We are losing home games.

Comment

• Here’s something positive, this board will be much more unified now, as I can’t imagine there are any remaining IB fans. I tried to be one, but finally was able to take the blinders off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

It’s called the coach panicked and went back to what he thinks works, which is give the ball to his savior.
                        He sure wasn’t lying about ride or die.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                          I feel bad for IB but he just can’t do what is necessary. We are losing home games.
                          There’s a million reasons not to feel bad for him.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                            Here’s something positive, this board will be much more unified now, as I can’t imagine there are any remaining IB fans. I tried to be one, but finally was able to take the blinders off.
                            ShockerExpress is the only one here that posts that is left.

pie appears to have jumped off a cliff after the K-state game.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Roster issues that showed hard during last two games.

Starting PG out, our sg gets the start over the backup qua and qua gets only 10 minutes (not suggesting he deserved more.)

Pleasant brings nothing to the table, doesn't take much off either, and no one can beat him out of the starting spot. Our center is out last game, and the Swede can't get the start over the aforementioned milk toast pleasant

General observation, it is not a slow start anymore, we can't shoot, and not sure how many are putting in the extra work to get better.

Some rhetorical questions:
                              Will Tyson get to shoot a twisting jumper coming off a 'ball screen" all year? the one where he slightly kicks one leg out.
                              Does any team walk back in transition defense more often and slower than we do?
                              Does any team celebrate as well and as long running down the court after scoring an easy put back to take a 3-2 lead with 18:27 to go in the first half?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Tyson is good when he’s not trying to be a leader, a point guard, or trying to save a game. He’s a freaking spot up shooter. Please stop trying to make him something he is not. Put him in his role and let him score on open shots. I don’t care if we have to start Qua Grant at point. Let Tyson do what he does, otherwise he will continue to kill this team.
                                Correct. And I don't think KP has been mismanaged. KP is a future center. He has good skills but has limitations too. When CP comes back I would only use 4 players for substitutions. RC4, MJ, KP, and QG. The key will be when to use those players.

Comment

Working...
                                X