Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regul8te
    replied
    I thought we played good basketball in the first half against Tulane and for nearly 3/4ths of this game. I believe we win both games with a full roster. So there are little sparks that might be growing into something.

BUT…….

After someone on here mentioned our body language during timeouts, I focused on that and was mortified by what I saw.

The coaches repeatedly spent the whole time-out in a coaches only huddle out on the court while the players just sat many feet away. At one point ETN even grabbed a clipboard and started drawing up something and trying to pump up the team.

The buzzer sounded and the coaching huddle broke and each coach went to a player to talk to them. It was obvious the players didn’t understand as they walked out of the timeout. This happened over and over. WHAT THE HELL????

This isn’t a GD Democratic process. We need a leader who knows what they want to do and looks each player in the eye to make sure they understand.

This is why we lost. Cinci executed their sets out of timeouts. We were lost and other then the Dex 3 attempt, we bumbled away each opportunity.

We were out-coached when it mattered the most.

Leave a comment:

• proshox
    replied
    Originally posted by shox7 View Post
    I don’t get why IB thinks we can run the ball screen offense when, Mo can’t roll, Tyson won’t pass the ball. If we run that offense with Pohto he can pop and shoot the 3. No chance the ball screen works with MO and Tyson. Today that offense the last 4 minutes cost us dearly. Should have stayed in motion offense.
    It doesn’t work because Mo won’t roll. He hesitates after the screen.

Inevitably Tyson is doubled, Mo should be open but the spacing sucks; therefore, Tyson can’t burn the double team with a pass to Mo…. Furthermore none of the help defenders are required to tag Mo which leaves the perimeter options blanketed… Basically none of the concepts that should make a pick and roll work come to fruition.

Leave a comment:

• shox7
    replied
    I don’t get why IB thinks we can run the ball screen offense when, Mo can’t roll, Tyson won’t pass the ball. If we run that offense with Pohto he can pop and shoot the 3. No chance the ball screen works with MO and Tyson. Today that offense the last 4 minutes cost us dearly. Should have stayed in motion offense.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    For next year...if we could work the portal to get 2 starting guards with proven shooting accuracy and a legit AAC level power forward to go along with a bulked up Kenny Photo we may be able to...wait...ahh forgedda-bout-it.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Dex graduates, so.......wait, with HCIB back?
    I can't think of anyone who I'd be 100% sure comes back next year.

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied
    Crap shoot especially if IB remains as HC. I'll say it again. Hope KP and CP stay.
    After that I'd go with RC, DD and MU.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Who would you guess stays?
    Dex graduates, so.......wait, with HCIB back?

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Who would you guess stays?

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied
    I seriously doubt KP will be a future center here if IB remains. Put yourself in
    KP's shoes

Leave a comment:

• CBB_Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

All this season has been is an NBA tryout exhibition for him. But that has failed miserably.
    The opposite. Isaac Brown has coached Etienne out of the NBA. The NBA doesn't value shooters that have such terrible mechanics, their shot is practically a turnover. Telling Etienne that he needs to lead by taking horrendous shots has not only tanked his % and hurt the team, it has driven Etienne out of potentially playing in the professional ranks. I doubt Etienne has been concerned about playing at the next level over the coach telling him to 'play hard' and 'shoot his shot' to help the team, and by doing that Brown has done literally the worst possible coaching job with Etienne.

Leave a comment:

• WUs Your Daddy II
    replied
    For what it's worth, a lot of the stupid things we're doing now—the ones that are costing us games—(like clearing out for one player to "go and make a play" in the final minutes) are the same things Marshall was doing the last three years of his career. I totally agree that we aren't being put in a position to win by our coaching staff and I think that they have been doing a terrible job and are being out-coached a lot—especially in the closing minutes of games—but the whole "this would have never happened with Marshall," stuff requires some revisionist history. The game had moved past Marshall, his Xs and Os and his overall style just didn't translate to the game today. Maybe the best thing that could have happened would been to have this to play out under his watch so there wouldn't have been any second guessing.

In some ways, I even wonder if part of the problem this staff has is that they are trying too hard not to stray from Marshall's system—a system that really hadn't been working the past several years. In fact, I seem to remember a lot of games where we cleared out to let Samajae try to win games for us and when we had the same "ride or die" mentality with him and Markus who weren't nearly as gifted as Tyson is.

Maybe we really did need an entire reset before we came to this point. Unfortunately, we're now cash strapped and on a downward trajectory so I'm not sure who we could get to head it.

Leave a comment:

• Horn28Clem30
    replied
    Had 800 on Cincy today, literally never sweated it once

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    If you’re drawing up a defense against the shox you crowd Tyson on the 3 and beg him to drive. It’s a recipe for success every time.

Leave a comment:

• Topshock
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
    I don’t think coaching was the issue this game. We missed a lot of bunnies and open shots. Dexter’s missed shot at the end was just the perfect representation of this season
    Absolutely coaching had a big part in this loss.

Either IB is too dumb or too stubborn to realize that you can't clear out and let one player go one on one the last four minutes of a game.
    It hasn't worked all year but we do it every game.

The other possibility is IB has no control over this team and mainly TE just decides on his own to do it every game.

Pick your reason, but the conclusion is always the same. IB needs to go.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

Shot quality over all. Etienne's shots almost exclusively consist of turnaround, unset, guarded, long-range threes. That is an Isaac Brown coaching decision.
    All this season has been is an NBA tryout exhibition for him. But that has failed miserably.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X