• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackSuitAndTie
    replied
    Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    But KP can with a step back open three.
    KP is shooting 28% from deep on mostly wide open looks.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    there's 2 reasons TE is taking contested shots, either 1) his offense is not better than a decent college defender, or 2) he's getting doubled and not recognizing the open man. Pick whichever one you want, that doesn't scream NBA level skill or decision making.

Leave a comment:

• mattdalt
    replied
    Missed too many easy shots, going to go back to work and try to get better.

Leave a comment:

• Woodrow
    replied
    I didn't listen to the post game yesterday. Does anyone have a summary of what MK and IB had to say?

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Judging by all of those quotes, this team is never gonna get it and is a lost cause.

TE will never sniff the NBA.

Leave a comment:

• WuTheOne
    replied
    Etienne says the team needs to take more 3's. IB says the team needs to take fewer 3's. TE was unhappy with the low number of 3's against Cincy. IB was happy with the low number of 3's. Players wanting the opposite of what the coach wants is not a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    “It means that we did take higher percentage shots, being that they were more two-pointers than three-pointers,” Etienne said. “I still think that we’re a good shooting team and we need to shoot threes more.”
    That's a bullshit idea and shows signs that he really doesn't get it.

Leave a comment:

• proshox
    replied
    Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    The PnR would have worked better with KP.

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• proshox
    replied
    Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
    Here's a quote from Etienne after the game. It doesn't seem to occur to him that if the opponents are making it difficult for him, they're making it easier for somebody else.

“Anybody in my situation knows I’m not going to get clean looks,” Etienne said. “I’m going to have to take contested shots because those are the options I’m getting. That’s the whole objective of the scouting report is to make sure I don’t get anything easy. I made some tough shots and I missed some down the stretch, but I felt like for the most part I did well on my tough shots. I don’t really expect to get anything easy. That’s just the nature of being who I am.”

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy
    I probably need to watch the tape, but during the last few minutes I thought our spacing generally sucked on the PnR’s. Mo didn’t pop or roll. Therefore TE was doubled… and Mo didn’t create a Help the Helper situation which leaves everyone else covered.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    “It means that we did take higher percentage shots, being that they were more two-pointers than three-pointers,” Etienne said. “I still think that we’re a good shooting team and we need to shoot threes more.”

Leave a comment:

• WuTheOne
    replied
    Here's a quote from Etienne after the game. It doesn't seem to occur to him that if the opponents are making it difficult for him, they're making it easier for somebody else.

“Anybody in my situation knows I’m not going to get clean looks,” Etienne said. “I’m going to have to take contested shots because those are the options I’m getting. That’s the whole objective of the scouting report is to make sure I don’t get anything easy. I made some tough shots and I missed some down the stretch, but I felt like for the most part I did well on my tough shots. I don’t really expect to get anything easy. That’s just the nature of being who I am.”

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Leave a comment:

• Ashockalypse
    replied
    Monzy is getting screwed

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
    Oh and Monzy spent those timeouts eyeball measuring how many dance team members he might be able to fit on his futon…for movie night.
    That's what happens with "player disconnect". Consider me as worried about Monzy and Pohto being here for next year.

Leave a comment:

• Regul8te
    replied
    Oh and Monzy spent those timeouts eyeball measuring how many dance team members he might be able to fit on his futon…for movie night.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X