SMU - 0.5
    @UCF - 0
    USF - 1
    @ Cincy - 0
    Houston - 0
    @ Memphis - 0
    @ Tulsa - 0.5
    ECU - 1

Probably being generous with some of these projections. So 4-6 more wins.

Unless there is a major turnaround we'll have a losing conference record and it will be a real challenge to avoid an overall losing record.

Tell me where I'm off.

I predicted 7 conference wins and I would now take the under on that. I would give the Shox a good chance in 4 of those games and a chance in 2 more so maybe 6 wins. That might be generous. UCF just beat Memphis so not looking good there.

Comment

About a month ago I figured we would win 4 conference games this year. I figured we'd split with Tulane for one of those wins...but now losing the home game... maybe we only get to 3 conference wins this year. Uggghhh....
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Hate to say it....see no wins....

Oh, wait....Haith is still at Tulsa....2 wins

Comment

O Fer coming. They will win 1 they shouldn't and get blown out y a bad ECU team if they play. It appears a couple of guys might have given up last night.

Comment

Considering that two of of starters did not play, and we would have won this game had they played, we have a chance to be slightly better than average the rest of the season.

Meaning, we win more that we lose from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
              Considering that two of of starters did not play, and we would have won this game had they played, we have a chance to be slightly better than average the rest of the season.

Meaning, we win more that we lose from here on out.
              Now that's optimism. I actually like it.

Comment

I believe I previously said 8 was best case scenario. Now I believe that would take a ****ing miracle. Every game is losable. Not all are winnable.

I'd say 4 might be optimistically realistic.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I've lowered my expectations to the 4-6 range now. As much as I want
                  HCIB to succeed, and I really do, since the end of last season and the start
                  of this one I have serious doubts. I didn't feel like we were well prepared our
                  last two games last season. Second, he fell for trying to turn TE into a PG when
                  he clearly is NOT and he has allowed TE to play hero ball. The end of the Tulane
                  game was really disturbing for me. After seeing Tulane's defensive posture/set up
                  guarding TE and still forcing the ball into his hands was really STUPID. So many
                  good four on three options to get a good open shot and time to rebound by pulling
                  TE and TWO defenders away from the front court. Not starting and playing KP more
                  another big player management error. His persistence in giving TE such a long rope
                  and playing JP so much is also troubling. He doesn't seem to see the obvious.
                  JP shooting .317 and QG .314 but even more glaring is JP's total of four assists for
                  the season yet these guys are playing significant minutes so 4 W's with a ceiling of 6.

Comment

The inmates are running the asylum. Time to bring back Coach Marshall. He would not put up with their nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanr58 View Post
                      The inmates are running the asylum. Time to bring back Coach Marshall. He would not put up with their nonsense.
                      Ok I’ll bite , Gramps… guys out on your lawn?

Comment

7-9 wins in there I bet.

Comment

Note the fact we are Vegas favorites tomorrow and you don’t even have the game listed as a toss up.

I mean I don’t know what’s going to happen. But that seems dumb.

Comment

We will probably finish with around 8-10. 4th-6th place feels right at home.

For tourney bid purposes, only one truly bad loss at this point is ok, and getting around 20 wins will put you on the bubble.

You can judge how likely that is.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                              Note the fact we are Vegas favorites tomorrow and you don’t even have the game listed as a toss up.

I mean I don’t know what’s going to happen. But that seems dumb.
                              You seem extra peppy about your Top 3 AAC team being 0-3 at the moment.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X