Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Pic 1.jpg

Now that I look at it, he had Porter, Qua (probably not an advised pass), and RCIV in the corner (probably the most open shot). Chose none and had a Shaqtin a Fool moment.
    Where is the5th Tulane defender? Under the basket?

Comment

• That’s prob his shadow which means he was between the lane and RC in the corner

Comment

• TE needed to get the ball to Porter then go hard to the corner to pull the defenders with him. Porter could then drive to the basket since he is the only player on the team who can dribble and penetrate under control. He can also knock down floaters going to the basket. If the defense collapsed at that point he has an easy pass to open players for a good shot. HCIB would be well served to make Porter his go to guy. RC4 may be that guy someday, but not yet.
        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Did Doc ever weigh in with his thoughts on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

I think he should get more minutes, but I could understand why the coaching staff won't give him more minutes if he isn't willing to be coachable. He very clearly missed a box out and instead of taking the criticism he argued then pouted on the bench. It's something I've noticed him doing a lot so far this season.
            Was it his guy? Was it his rotation? Was he doing his job and someone else didn’t do theirs?

Let me help you. No. Maybe. Probably.

Comment

• Lots of chatter about putting Pohto at the 4. Even some mention of putting Council there. Problem with both scenarios is that they ignore Monzy. Monzy seems to have worked his way far into the doghouse. I've got a somewhat different take on his situation.

Monzy gets pulled, lectured, and benched for mistakes. Etienne doesn't. Maybe Monzy has an attitude that has gotten him in bad graces with the coaching staff. When the rules are changed based on the name on the back of the shirt, there are going to be attitude problems. I believe there's a locker room problem that was created by IB.

When the supposed "team leader", pre-season AAC PoY, and "go to" guy forgets team ball (and plays hero ball instead), and thinks every time he touches the ball he should work to get himself a shot even though he can't dribble through traffic, the other guys on the team might notice that and they might not like it. Then the coach does nothing to fix that issue. Perfect formula for the team to lose respect for the coach and for the coach to lose control of the team.

IB has nothing in his tool box for controlling or handling a player like Etienne.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think Mo would have had a double double type game if he was there. Inside looks were there for the taking but we had zero inside presence
                I agree. Lack of inside presence wasn't a problem when Tulane was playing their matchup zone, but once they went to man, the lack of Mo really hurt the team from then on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Kevin Gwaltney
                  Or...
                  Mahnord Martina?
                  or....
                  Darin Duggar?
                  or....
                  John Askew?
                  or....
                  Phil Mendelson?

Ok, that's enough of that crap.

That is all.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• May as well throw Luke Utting in there. I went to HS with his dad.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Or...
                      Mahnord Martina?
                      or....
                      Darin Duggar?
                      or....
                      John Askew?
                      or....
                      Phil Mendelson?

Ok, that's enough of that crap.

That is all.
                      Not it isn't.

David King.

His pass into Row Z will be a highlight for me long after most of my memory has faded.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                        Not it isn't.

David King.

His pass into Row Z will be a highlight for me long after most of my memory has faded.
                        Oh forgot Jerry Stewart

Comment

• Pleasant struggles at the 4, but he was pretty darn pesky at the 5 defensively and really bothered the opponent's big. I wonder if a three headed monster at the 5 like we had in the past makes more sense going forward, with Pleasant being used as a center-stopper? If we sub him for defense and KP for offense with Mo being the tweener, it seems like a better use of JP. That gives Monzy and RC4 more time at the 4.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Pleasant struggles at the 4, but he was pretty darn pesky at the 5 defensively and really bothered the opponent's big. I wonder if a three headed monster at the 5 like we had in the past makes more sense going forward, with Pleasant being used as a center-stopper? If we sub him for defense and KP for offense with Mo being the tweener, it seems like a better use of JP. That gives Monzy and RC4 more time at the 4.
                            Was the last unathletic 6'6 Center we had Ryan Martin? Well at least this would be a 3 headed Monster. Mo and Kenny are much more talented than what we had with that team. That team had Philip Thomason, and a new Freshman Ryan Durley who was talented, but very lazy (he didn't know what defense was then) that first year. Durley may have been redshirting, but we did have 6'10 Ryan Bradley on that team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Was the last unathletic 6'6 Center we had Ryan Martin? Well at least this would be a 3 headed Monster. Mo and Kenny are much more talented than what we had with that team. That team had Philip Thomason, and a new Freshman Ryan Durley who was talented, but very lazy (he didn't know what defense was then) that first year. Durley may have been redshirting, but we did have 6'10 Ryan Bradley on that team.
                              probably the weakest 3 headed monster you can assemble right there, although we did make the Sweet 16 and Ryan Martin did everything he could at 6'6"

Comment

• Joe can't carry Ryan Martin's jock

Comment

Working...
                                X