Tulane at Wichita State Game Thread 1-12-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Yeah. I saw that too. MJ is a good character player but his energy is misdirected. Instead of arguing he should be trying to learn and play more consistent. It's too bad we can't put Joe Pleasant basketball IQ into Monzy and put Monzy athleticism into Joe.
    I think he should get more minutes, but I could understand why the coaching staff won't give him more minutes if he isn't willing to be coachable. He very clearly missed a box out and instead of taking the criticism he argued then pouted on the bench. It's something I've noticed him doing a lot so far this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

If you hire Jans and average his salary at $1.5 over 6 years:

-Marshall owed $7.75 over 6 years, or $1.3mm / year
      -Brown owed $5mm, let’s carry over same 6 years, $800k per
      -$2.1mm paid to fired coaches over 6 years, ~$12mm
      -Jans making $1.5mm over 6 is $9mm
      -Marshall was making $3.6mm per year

Breakeven in the 6th year, no?
      Check my math, but breakeven in year 6/7, no?

Fire Brown.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

Monzy didn't box out on a defensive rebound, got pulled and talked to by the coaches. He argued, threw his hands in the air, the walk-on had to calm him down. He sat on the bench with a towel over his head the rest of the game. I can see why some of these guys aren't getting more time.
        Monzy really did not play well yesterday. He had a couple of dumb fouls and turnovers as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Can you explain what you mean by this?

​​​​​
          Roster management. Players who were not cut out to play in the American (IPBC, Seymour, Trevin Wade, Gordon, maybe Fernandes too) and transfers like Burton and Sherfield. We had to scramble to find guys late in the recruiting cycle and it hurt our roster afterwards.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            You don't think everyone else were getting "bullied " and abused in the paint ? They
            continuously scored easily in the paint when KP sat. KP has potential to get better.
            How much improvement do you see from JP or even Monzy? KP SHOULD have been
            in at the end, would likely to have been an open option as Tulane over played TE & CP,
            and he is a good outside shooter/option we needed in that moment.
            KP got blocked nearly every time he tried to make a layup, couldn't secure a rebound without getting ripped by Tulane, and hasn't been able to defend a post-up in the last three games, at least. He WILL be a good player and very important for this team moving forward, but he doesn't earn minutes because of his potential to be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Roster management. Players who were not cut out to play in the American (IPBC, Seymour, Trevin Wade, Gordon, maybe Fernandes too) and transfers like Burton and Sherfield. We had to scramble to find guys late in the recruiting cycle and it hurt our roster afterwards.
              Don't know if I can completely agree, but I get what your saying.

The team Gregg scrambled to put together won the American last year. Last year's team still had a bit of 3G influence as he is the one who recruited everyone and coached them untill the first game. How much influence can be debated.

This year? 100% IB.

Comment

• KP had three rebounds in 12 minutes. JP had four in 32 minutes. KP 1-3 shooting. JP 1-5.
                Did you know JP only has four assists the entire season and that is a MAJOR weakness of the team.
                JP total shooting % is .317, can't defend an opposing big and only four total assists?
                KP .493 for the season and should be starting at PF playing north of 22 mpg

Comment

Monzy didn't box out on a defensive rebound, got pulled and talked to by the coaches. He argued, threw his hands in the air, the walk-on had to calm him down. He sat on the bench with a towel over his head the rest of the game. I can see why some of these guys aren't getting more time.
                  That and some of the other thing indicate that the coaches have lost the locker room.
                  transfer portal will be rich with shockers this year.

Comment

• And yet he's still a better rebounder than JP and still more of a threat to score.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

KP got blocked nearly every time he tried to make a layup, couldn't secure a rebound without getting ripped by Tulane, and hasn't been able to defend a post-up in the last three games, at least. He WILL be a good player and very important for this team moving forward, but he doesn't earn minutes because of his potential to be good.
                      Totally agree. !!!!!!!!!!!!! The issue I see on this team is that players have not accepted their roles on this TEAM. Each year is different and each team is different. And the coaches have not been consistent in defining or explaining or mandating the roles. Both players and coaches have been inconsistent. Which is why their record is 9-6.

There is still time to turn it around. Marshall team started 2018 year 1-6 in the AAC and they finished 10-8 and went to the NIT.But the mindset for this team will have to change if they are going to improve.. All ideas of giving up on this season is ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Totally agree. !!!!!!!!!!!!! The issue I see on this team is that players have not accepted their roles on this TEAM. Each year is different and each team is different. And the coaches have not been consistent in defining or explaining or mandating the roles. Both players and coaches have been inconsistent. Which is why their record is 9-6.

There is still time to turn it around. Marshall team started 2018 year 1-6 in the AAC and they finished 10-8 and went to the NIT.But the mindset for this team will have to change if they are going to improve.. All ideas of giving up on this season is ridiculous.
                        KP won't develop sitting on the bench and playing mostly center. He is a PF !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          And yet he's still a better rebounder than JP and still more of a threat to score.
                          I'm not saying JP should have played 30 minutes. I'm saying that replacing JP with KP doesn't change the outcome of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Can you explain what you mean by this?

​​​​​
                            I read it as "it is what it is, nothing we can do about it, so he won't let it ruin his day"

I concur. We will see if next year gives us new hope.
                            I will continue to care just as I did through Cohen and Thompson era's. But I won't expect much.

Comment

• KP is a center. He's too slow to play the 4 and not strong enough. He has weak hands, but he is freshmen so I'm not that concerned. Jaime Echenique had the weakest hands I had seen at center when he was a junior and look how that turned out. KP will be fine.

Comment

• Fire Boatwright TODAY

Comment

Working...
                                X