Tulane at Wichita State Game Thread 1-12-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Is this what riding and dying with Etienne looks like?
    That’s the next Steph curry you are talking about.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
      I'm afraid this only gets worse. Concerned we lose a chunk of the talent we do have to the portal after this season. As bad as it is now, this can get worse and I see nothing to convince me it won't.
      At least we have a plethora of 2 stars lined up in case

Comment

• Timeout with 40 or so seconds left. Didn't have a play that could be executed to get a quick shot for a guaranteed extra possession.

First end-game timeout - sees that TE is going to be doubled by Tulane's most athletic two defenders, so call another timeout

Inbounds pass after that timeout - throw it to Etienne anyway and let him try to deal with a double the moment he touches the ball. No contingency plan for the double, so TE tries to drive through a double. Etienne can't drive through or past a single defender, so that play was blown up the moment the inbounds pass was thrown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post
          Im just here refreshing waiting for Stickboy to explain to us what a great coach Isaac Brown is.
          And that it was the refs fault.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shock lead 53-39 with 16:00 minutes to play. Tulane outscores the Shocks 29-14 over the final 16 minutes. Shocks only made 5 of their final 21 field goal attempts including only 1-10 three pointers. Regression to the mean was never more on display than this game. Tulane pretty much mirrored that in reverse.

Comment

• Not having any recruits lined up at all for next year is probably the scariest part of all of this. We are going to lose some players and probably keep the ones that aren't aac level

Comment

• This is the equivalent of a L5 tornado taking out the program and everything associated with it

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  Not having any recruits lined up at all for next year is probably the scariest part of all of this. We are going to lose some players and probably keep the ones that aren't aac level
                  IB is nice. He’ll figure it out.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Is this what riding and dying with Etienne looks like?
                    Mostly dying, predictably
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Thicc thighs and a big ol booty
                      I thought that was what we looked for in our ladies, not our basketball players. Check out some R. Crumb comics from the '60's and '70's.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

At least we have a plethora of 2 stars lined up in case
                        Sorry, but the 2* aren't jumping at the chance to commit.

Comment

• This is the first time since 2003 (when I first went in on season tickets) that I have no desire to attend the next game. The drive in from Hutch doesn't seem worth it. I see no hope until we have a different coach and personnel.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
                            I'm afraid this only gets worse. Concerned we lose a chunk of the talent we do have to the portal after this season. As bad as it is now, this can get worse and I see nothing to convince me it won't.
                            Is that really a bad thing? I mean, take a look at UAB for example. Andy Kennedy got canned from Ole Miss but has made a top 50 team out of bringing in HM guys from the portal. Even our generally more positively impactful guys like Monzy, Ricky, & KP of late have some real bad nights mixed with the good. Probably worse ideas than hitting the reset button.

(And to be clear I’d prefer to keep the 3 guys I mentioned, just used them as examples.)

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                              When does the GoFundMe drive start to buyout IB’s contract?
                              We're stuck with this guy for at least another year, probably two, no doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Utterly disappointed in most everything. I was wrong to be positive. Still don’t really understand how this team got so much worse.

Still think this is a top-4 conference team. Seems like they won’t finish that way.
                                Express,
                                They really haven't gotten worse, they just haven't gotten any better. And the competition is always improving.
                                Also, this team is very, very very easy to scout and prepare to attack. It's essentially one player and a coach who is steadfast in his support to get him to the next level.
                                For some reason, this coach has forgot about team play - and focused on allowing one player to continue his audition. It is mind numbing to watch over and over each game.

That is all.
                                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                                X