2022 Home Attendance and Trends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Home Attendance and Trends

Attendance Trends for the basketball program.

WSU Attendance.JPG

Covid has a lot to due for the last 2 years, I know that is the main reason for my departure.

Comment

There is no way that we are averaging 9110, there are empty seats in all sections.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcatmo21 View Post
        There is no way that we are averaging 9110, there are empty seats in all sections.
        I'm guessing there are plenty more season tickets than maybe we thought and I'm assuming many purchased them thinking we'd have a good team, but since that hasn't been the case they're finding other things to do with their time.

Butts in seats is probably closer to 6k from what I've seen and heard.

It's going to be really interesting to see what season ticket sales are like for next year.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm guessing there are plenty more season tickets than maybe we thought and I'm assuming many purchased them thinking we'd have a good team, but since that hasn't been the case they're finding other things to do with their time.

Butts in seats is probably closer to 6k from what I've seen and heard.

It's going to be really interesting to see what season ticket sales are like for next year.
          Well, my now grown son, who has been a fan since 6, will probably be able to significantly able to move down!!!:)

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcatmo21 View Post
            No doubt, but you have to remember that WSU officially reports "paid". They don't release "actual" butts in seat but they do collect the data. The "9110" is really helped by the Intrust game and K-State fans.

On the worst attended games, this "paid" attendance number will help get an idea of what the season ticket numbers actually are.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Well, my now grown son, who has been a fan since 6, will probably be able to significantly able to move down!!!:)
              Yes it could be a buyer market if a person think their is "hope", then there could be some good opportunities. Just have to be able to shoulder the significant SASO cost of moving down and hope that the prime seats are not being blocked by corporate buyers who keep their tickets, but don't attend games.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Yes it could be a buyer market if a person think their is "hope", then there could be some good opportunities. Just have to be able to shoulder the significant SASO cost of moving down and hope that the prime seats are not being blocked by corporate buyers who keep their tickets, but don't attend games.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That IS true.......

Comment

Putting the link to the sunflower article here that Maizrunner08 provided in another chatroom.

https://thesunflower.com/59961/sport...cW5dXLjns3IkTQ

4,298 attendance for Memphis (which was NCAA quality opponent, rival and on a holiday)

Comment

Putting the link to the sunflower article here that Maizrunner08 provided in another chatroom.

https://thesunflower.com/59961/sport...cW5dXLjns3IkTQ

4,298 attendance for Memphis (which was NCAA quality opponent, rival and on a holiday)
                      My son and I was at the game. More people needed to show up for sure but along with NCAA quality opponent, rival and on a holiday. Lets not forget 11:00 am start time 20 mph winds and a temp around 12 and ice. Which made for a long walk back to the car after that sh*t show of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXJOCK View Post

My son and I was at the game. More people needed to show up for sure but along with NCAA quality opponent, rival and on a holiday. Lets not forget 11:00 am start time 20 mph winds and a temp around 12 and ice. Which made for a long walk back to the car after that sh*t show of a game.
                        11am start on a holiday in which people are generally up past midnight the night beforeā€¦

78-65

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXJOCK View Post

It wasn't that cold. There is thing called coats. I remember making my way out to Koch Arena to Marshall lead team in a blizzard with other 8,000 fans on a weeknight. If the product is good, people will come. If not, then it will be to cold, to hot, to windy, or [insert excuse].

Comment

If WSU were a Top 10 school, that building would have been PACKED for UofM
                            The Assman

Comment

Yeah if we had won the Kstate and north texas games it would have been packed but we played like crap. Blowing leads is voter suppression.

Comment

Working...
                              X