X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

I try not to get personal with posters, but OMG are you stupid and ignorant. Disagreeing with you is pointless because it seems the only reason for you posting is to create arguments. You're not even very good a that any more. Your forte is exposing false flag posters. Stick to that. That's in your wheelhouse, but attacking Shocker fans is not.
    Nice comeback.

Leave a comment:

• WuTheOne
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You have flip-flopped back and forth for about the entire month. Take an effing stance and stay with it. Either continue to criticize the coaching hire or stop bitching about people who do. It’s getting hard to follow and pretty pussyish.

Your recollection is off in regards to Marshall’s last game in Houston. Also, I would probably stop comparing Marshall and IB to one single opponent in a couple of meetings. You’re setting yourself up for colossal failure.

And the last time I checked, the coach takes credit for all of the winning plays, wins, and championships so you better effing believe they will be blamed for the L’s as well. IB controls who he puts on the floor, the game plan in place (if there’s one), and the accountability, or lack thereof, of who’s doing what on the floor. The decision to let dawgs dawg and to ride or die with certain players are HIS decisions and deserve every critique and criticism in the world when they aren’t working out and are displaying the results at present.
    I try not to get personal with posters, but OMG are you stupid and ignorant. Disagreeing with you is pointless because it seems the only reason for you posting is to create arguments. You're not even very good a that any more. Your forte is exposing false flag posters. Stick to that. That's in your wheelhouse, but attacking Shocker fans is not.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
    I've moved to thinking that hiring IB was a mistake, but he's our coach for the next 3 years or so regardless of any opinions on whether he should have been hired.

I'm willing to give IB those years to see if he can demonstrate that he deserved and deserves the job. There's really no other option. A lot of posters are putting every breakdown and every missed shot on IB. That just shows that those posters are not willing to give IB a chance to show what he can do. Minds are already made up and every breakdown is blamed on coaching.

IB lost by 10 at Houston and posters are going on and on about the bad job he's doing. I haven't checked the details, but did Marshall ever get closer than 10 at Houston? Don't I recall that the last time we played at Houston when Marshall was coaching that we had a better team (on paper) and didn't do nearly as well as we did this time?

There seems to be an attitude among some posters that they will give IB a chance to prove himself, but their minds are already made up. No matter what happens on the court, unless IB can take a depleted roster (5 graduations and 7 transfers the two years before he took the reins) to a S16, that he's incompetent.

I'm far from convinced that IB is the guy for the job, but blaming him for everything wrong with the team is ignorance of quite a few other factors. Nobody guards Dennis or Pleasant, and Porter doesn't take shots. Only Pleasant, among that group, is on IB.
    You have flip-flopped back and forth for about the entire month. Take an effing stance and stay with it. Either continue to criticize the coaching hire or stop bitching about people who do. It’s getting hard to follow and pretty pussyish.

Your recollection is off in regards to Marshall’s last game in Houston. Also, I would probably stop comparing Marshall and IB to one single opponent in a couple of meetings. You’re setting yourself up for colossal failure.

And the last time I checked, the coach takes credit for all of the winning plays, wins, and championships so you better effing believe they will be blamed for the L’s as well. IB controls who he puts on the floor, the game plan in place (if there’s one), and the accountability, or lack thereof, of who’s doing what on the floor. The decision to let dawgs dawg and to ride or die with certain players are HIS decisions and deserve every critique and criticism in the world when they aren’t working out and are displaying the results at present.

Leave a comment:

• WuTheOne
    replied
    I've moved to thinking that hiring IB was a mistake, but he's our coach for the next 3 years or so regardless of any opinions on whether he should have been hired.

I'm willing to give IB those years to see if he can demonstrate that he deserved and deserves the job. There's really no other option. A lot of posters are putting every breakdown and every missed shot on IB. That just shows that those posters are not willing to give IB a chance to show what he can do. Minds are already made up and every breakdown is blamed on coaching.

IB lost by 10 at Houston and posters are going on and on about the bad job he's doing. I haven't checked the details, but did Marshall ever get closer than 10 at Houston? Don't I recall that the last time we played at Houston when Marshall was coaching that we had a better team (on paper) and didn't do nearly as well as we did this time?

There seems to be an attitude among some posters that they will give IB a chance to prove himself, but their minds are already made up. No matter what happens on the court, unless IB can take a depleted roster (5 graduations and 7 transfers the two years before he took the reins) to a S16, that he's incompetent.

I'm far from convinced that IB is the guy for the job, but blaming him for everything wrong with the team is ignorance of quite a few other factors. Nobody guards Dennis or Pleasant, and Porter doesn't take shots. Only Pleasant, among that group, is on IB.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He pulled TE in the first half when he started playing hero ball. The problem with pulling TE is you aren't getting any better production from the people behind him. TE at least commands attention from the defense. He just has to not go hero ball. But when he does? If Porter is already in... Who do you put in for him ? Grant? Grant struggled real bad today. Put council on the floor with dex at the same time? Council wasn't playing good either and tends to do just as much hero ball. Jenkins is an option I guess but I'd have to see him against a Houston like defense to know if he's ready.

So I at least understand why TE stays in as much as he does... We just don't have any other option to pull him with. We basically have a 9 man team. Now THAT I do blame IB for. Having only 10 non-redshirt players is his fault.
    I would take a chance on anybody else and any lineup combination in order to make a point to a player that is a net negative on the floor and clearly is taking advantage of the reigns the coach is giving him.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

But gloss over his coach not putting his a$$ on the bench?
    He pulled TE in the first half when he started playing hero ball. The problem with pulling TE is you aren't getting any better production from the people behind him. TE at least commands attention from the defense. He just has to not go hero ball. But when he does? If Porter is already in... Who do you put in for him ? Grant? Grant struggled real bad today. Put council on the floor with dex at the same time? Council wasn't playing good either and tends to do just as much hero ball. Jenkins is an option I guess but I'd have to see him against a Houston like defense to know if he's ready.

So I at least understand why TE stays in as much as he does... We just don't have any other option to pull him with. We basically have a 9 man team. Now THAT I do blame IB for. Having only 10 non-redshirt players is his fault.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Interesting Factoids (or not)

1. ETN is 5th in 3pt% on the team. His average is just under the team's average.

2. Pleasant has a better 3pt% than 2pt% -- 38.9% to 27.8%

3. With those %s, JP is the best 3pt shooter and the worst 2pt shooter on the team.
    we need both of them to take their talents to the next level

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Interesting Factoids (or not)

1. ETN is 5th in 3pt% on the team. His average is just under the team's average.

2. Pleasant has a better 3pt% than 2pt% -- 38.9% to 27.8%

3. With those %s, JP is the best 3pt shooter and the worst 2pt shooter on the team.

Leave a comment:

• IndianaShocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

? I've called out TE a lot including in this thread. I literally made a joke about trading him. He's been a net negative this year.
    But gloss over his coach not putting his a$$ on the bench?

Leave a comment:

• Topshock
    replied
    Originally posted by proshox View Post

Pretty sure the turnover came after Tyson chased down a long rebound in the corner (nice hustle play). He was trying to get the ball up the floor to the point guard when he turned it over. We can all not like the result, but no need to make-up a non-existent narrative.
    I checked and it was the next possession when Porter has the ball in backcourt and then gives it TE. It obvious he was told to, so the narrative is basically the same.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

You forgot about stickboi. I'm sure he would put lipstick all over that pig
    ? I've called out TE a lot including in this thread. I literally made a joke about trading him. He's been a net negative this year.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
    There is absolutely no reason for TE to be bringing the ball up the court in the first place. He doesn't attack or make a pass to the post. CP should have been given the ball immediately after the rebound.
    There is one reason: IB is grooming him for the NBA

Leave a comment:

• IndianaShocker
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Lmao the only person that has a narrative is you. You will not call TE out for ANYTHING. You have a lot of IB in you.
    You forgot about stickboi. I'm sure he would put lipstick all over that pig

Leave a comment:

• Ta Town Shocker
    replied
    There is absolutely no reason for TE to be bringing the ball up the court in the first place. He doesn't attack or make a pass to the post. CP should have been given the ball immediately after the rebound.

Leave a comment:

• BOBB
    replied
    Originally posted by proshox View Post

Pretty sure the turnover came after Tyson chased down a long rebound in the corner (nice hustle play). He was trying to get the ball up the floor to the point guard when he turned it over. We can all not like the result, but no need to make-up a non-existent narrative.
    Bro, I'm not on the H8 train some seem to have for our players and coach, but this was just a losing play from a player that is supposed to be a pro talent. Really inexcusable.

​​​​​​Players that make the score go the right way need to be on the floor. That may change from game to game, but I think Etienne needs to come off the bench for a while.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X