Wichita State at Houston Pregame Discussion 1-8-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Anybody ever remember this board being this unenthusiastic?
    Starting 1-6 in conference in 2018-2019 right after scoring 41 pts at USF and losing by 20 to UCONN

Comment

• Your team has lots of heart and really competed out there!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Starting 1-6 in conference in 2018-2019 right after scoring 41 pts at USF and losing by 20 to UCONN
        With only 2 guys back who played any minutes the year before and a ton of freshmen and 1st year juco's I think we all expected it, but still didn't like it. This team is full of 2 and 3 year starters and they are struggling. With that being said, if this team makes it to the NCAA tournament or NIT final 4 I will call it a successful year. In 2018-19 we actually saw improvement the last half of the year. I hope we see the same this year.
        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

With only 2 guys back who played any minutes the year before and a ton of freshmen and 1st year juco's I think we all expected it, but still didn't like it. This team is full of 2 and 3 year starters and they are struggling. With that being said, if this team makes it to the NCAA tournament or NIT final 4 I will call it a successful year. In 2018-19 we actually saw improvement the last half of the year. I hope we see the same this year.
          I'm just saying ... The enthusiasm on the board at that time rivaled what we are seeing right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm just saying ... The enthusiasm on the board at that time rivaled what we are seeing right now.
            The difference is I believed HCGM was going to get things back on track and I was fairly hopeful by the end of the season. This season feels different to me. HCIB still has plenty of time to turn it around and I hope he does.
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

The difference is I believed HCGM was going to get things back on track and I was fairly hopeful by the end of the season. This season feels different to me. HCIB still has plenty of time to turn it around and I hope he does.
              Nope

Comment

• Originally posted by Houstonfan33 View Post
                We will win y’all don’t have the discipline at the guard spot or depth down low to win even with losing two of our starters
                Nostradamus here was right on the money. No bombs away for TE either.

We have witnessed greatness with this astute Bball IQ
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                  Craig Porter passing up wide open 3s is going to piss me off. He can’t shoot worse than the rest of our team.
                  This was a major issue for me at the start of the year. At this point, it’s pretty far down the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

This was a major issue for me at the start of the year. At this point, it’s pretty far down the list.
                    If it’s not any better than anyone else, I don’t mind him passing them up. I’ll never question a player for passing up a shot. At least he isn’t just jacking them up fr wherever.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

If it’s not any better than anyone else, I don’t mind him passing them up. I’ll never question a player for passing up a shot. At least he isn’t just jacking them up fr wherever.
                      Craig does so many other things such as rebounding, taking care of the ball, assists, blocking shots. The other guys that don’t shoot or have really low percentages are doing very little to make up for their lack of production.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

This was high on my list last year, but have to admit it isn’t in the top five items we could improve on this season.

With that stated passing up “open & in rhythm jumpers” kills an offense.

CP let’em fly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Houstonfan33 View Post
                          Your team has lots of heart and really competed out there!!
                          "Fu#k off Buzz"

Comment

Working...
                          X