Sports Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Daily

For the most part Albrecht is a good media guy for the Wichita market. But he's driving me crazy this morning. He doesn't understand or have a reference point for the recent history of Shocker basketball.

He asks what the reaction was like to the start of the GM era after 9 win first season. I mean it took him 5 years to make the tournament and it took MT 6-7 years. He has no clue what the starting points were. He acts like IB started with completely bare cupboard. He keeps on saying all of GM's players left and he had to start with nothing. What???

He also acts like they've only played 2 bad halfs this season, UNT and Memphis.

I for one clearly remember how I felt year 2 of GM era - pure freaking excitement about the future. You could clearly see something was being built. You had a pretty good sense the record would improve every season going forward.

Dude needs a history lesson rather than cherry picking win totals and tourney appearances with absolutely no context.

Who is Albrecht?

Comment

didnt know that was still on tv.?.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
        Who is Albrecht?
        Jacob Albrecht cohost with Heurtl on Sports Daily radio show.

Comment

Hour 2 - The Shockers did not play well and lost to Memphis. On the first Sports Daily of 2022 Bruce asks Jacob for some help reacting and a little sanity. See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.

Comment

I knew I shouldn't have listened to that podcast. That guy is railing on fans who have no perspective. Uhhhhh. Year 1 for Marshall vs IB is an apples to oranges comparison. Claiming that IB won the American in a crazy year as some kind of proof of his coaching prowess is way off. If anything, it was the crazy Covid crap and weird scheduling that allowed us to finish so high. Smoke and mirrors. I hope IB does well. I wish him nothing but the best. But he did not start in any kind of the same place Marshall started when he arrived. Not anywhere in the same galaxy. Marshall didn't have anybody like a TE, who played lights out last year. I don't remember Marshall having a Valley player of the year. Bruce called us the lunatic fringe. Ha!
            Last edited by Shocktoberfest; January 3, 2022, 11:45 AM.

Comment

This

Comment

Nobody in this market wants to stir anything or hate on anything. They’re absolutely clueless honks who are athletic department puppets that wanna make sure they don’t get their parking passes taken away.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Turg absolutely bailed on us and left almost zero talent in the cupboard (no disrespect to Cooz or Matt). Gregg came in and had to recruit like a madman. He also taught a brand new system. IB rode the perfect wave with COVID and scheduling. He had 5 or 6 key players returning and ran the same system as Gregg. Comparing the two are like comparing Bo Derek to Bo Duke.

Comment

I usually turn the channel when Albracht comes on. He moved here in 2014 from Texas and seems to be in love with KU. He probably would fit better in the KC market. I do like the HTeaO thing that his wife franchised since she missed it from their Texas days, so there's a plus there.
                    Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; January 3, 2022, 12:12 PM.
                    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                      Bruce called us the lunatic fringe. Ha!
                      8,751 paid for tickets to the Memphis game. That is a lot of fringe fans missing.

Comment

FYI - here's his twitter post regarding things - https://twitter.com/KWCHJacob/status...42948336037893

If you expand and read the replies to the tweet, there are some interesting ones. Jeffrey Parsons and Bob Lutz have both weighed in and I imagine Patty Beamer is contemplating as well.
                        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                          FYI - here's his twitter post regarding things - https://twitter.com/KWCHJacob/status...42948336037893

If you expand and read the replies to the tweet, there are some interesting ones. Jeffrey Parsons and Bob Lutz have both weighed in and I imagine Patty Beamer is contemplating as well.
                          Jeffrey Parson gets it.

Comment

Not really a Parson fan but he completely disagrees with JA. Lutz also to lesser degree.

Comment

Talk about a totally off-base tweet. What a dope.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X