No announcement yet.

Gregg Popovich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By May, 2024 one of two things will have happened.

1) IB gets it figured out and gets an extension and a big raise with a contract written by his lawyers and rubber-stamped by DB.

2) There's such a rebuild needed that no decent coach would sniff the job.

There is a middle ground that would require the acceptance of mediocrity and an occasional NIT bid.
    Last edited by WuTheOne; January 1, 2022, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
      By May, 2024 one of two thigs will have happened.

1) IB gets it figured out and gets an extension and a big raise with a contract written by his lawyers and rubber-stamped by DB.

2) There's such a rebuild needed that no decent coach would sniff the job.

There is a middle ground that would require the acceptance of mediocrity and an occasional NIT bid.
      that's three things

Comment

What a nightmare. If IB is the coach by 2024 I suggest picket line protest outside of CKA. As in people standing outside the arena holding signs saying “Fire IB”.. No way we are stuck with this half a$$, bull $hit coaching experience for another 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

that's three things
          I know but after I listed the two things I thought, what if he fails to suck by just a little bit, that becomes the new "normal" and is considered "good enough".

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Still to much but I thought his 5 year deal was worth $6 million which would be $1.2 million per year on average. Still too much and I think we are pretty much locked into HCIB for at least 3 years including this year and the next two.

I think they could have hired HCIB for a base salary of $500,000 with incentives to add significantly to that as selected goals or milestones are reached.

But that's not the way WSU operates.
            I posted the contract breakdown at https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...51#post1325851
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
              What a nightmare. If IB is the coach by 2024 I suggest picket line protest outside of CKA. As in people standing outside the arena holding signs saying “Fire IB”.. No way we are stuck with this half a$$, bull $hit coaching experience for another 2 years
              Get your checkbook out

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Get your checkbook out
                Always shut it down.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                  Other than Pop, other assistant coach possibilities include:

John Wooden, Red Auerbach, Coach Carter, Ken Reeves (White Shadow), and Shooter from Hoosiers.
                  Hot off the press from AP indicates Shooter will be at Betty Ford till at least 2024.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                    Other than Pop, other assistant coach possibilities include:

John Wooden, Red Auerbach, Coach Carter, Ken Reeves (White Shadow), and Shooter from Hoosiers.
                    You forgot Eddie and Pete Bell.

Comment

Comment

I understand David Greene, formerly of Cadwallader is putting out some feelers.

However, rumors of Bo Winnegar still being interested are just that, rumors. Bo passed more than 20 years ago, but his fame still lives. Go State!

Comment

NO!

Comment

Working...
                          X