Kansas State at Wichita State Pregame Discussion 12-5-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Perhaps he's thinking if they lose to little ol' Wichita, his job is very much in question.
    I think his job is in question regardless of the outcome. I told my sister and her husband, both KSU alumni, that the run in the tourney a few years ago was the worst thing that could've happened to KState basketball because it meant he'd keep the job a few more years.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

Who was coach then? Huggins? Kruger? Hartman?
      Quite certain it was Wooldridge

Comment

Ticket sales have been good the last few days, but still 2800 tickets left for Sunday. Hard to believe this likely won’t sell-out.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
          Lol...Weber just said on Lutz show they have more to lose. Then after he hangs up Bob said huh?
          Weird statement from Weber as both programs have been to 8 NCAA tournaments since 2010. Kinda even if you ask me.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Weird statement from Weber as both programs have been to 8 NCAA tournaments since 2010. Kinda even if you ask me.
            Exactly what you would expect from him. An arrogant fan base, with so little reason to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post

Quite certain it was Wooldridge
              You are correct.

Comment

KSU is despicable. They stop the series 18 years ago because it was obvious our trajectory was up. Restarted it now because they mistakenly (I hope) thought the program is on it's way down.

Now their head coach makes that statement about a program that has accomplished so much more that his own the last 15 years. Just despicable.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

And have 1 more victory than they do. K St's combined lose differential is more than double WSU's. WSU had 1 double digit loss (11 pts) out of the 8 losses, K St had 3. K St had only 1 loss within 1 possession (next at 5 pts), WSU had 3 losses within 1 possession (next at 4 pts).

Yea, I'm being nit-picky. It just pis**s me off.

Comment

Lol...Weber just said on Lutz show they have more to lose. Then after he hangs up Bob said huh?
                    he has that ass-backwards

Comment

Yes, we have a lot to gain from schools coming off of 9 win seasons. That’s for sure.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Yeah no doubt this is typical kstate bullsht. But none of it matters if DD is going to continue to shoot bricks. He is 8 for 31 for 3 point shooting. Clangggggggg! And one of these days RC4 and Craig Porter might make more free throws. I don't think I have seen CP make 2 consecutive free throws in a game. 50% CP. And KP and QG need to grow up fast. KP has really played soft like Fifi in the last 2 games. Guys just come up to him and just take the ball from him. He needs to be strong with the ball. Its embarrassing. QG suffers from the SHJones syndrome in his first year.. Constantly going to the cup to get his shot blocked.. If he would just take the midrange pull up m shot, he might discover its easier to get to the cup. Hope our guys figure it out. Hope we don't play MTXE ball. More turnovers and extra errors. Go Shocks.

Comment

Just noticed that Arizona plays Oregon State in the 3 PM slot on ESPN U Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                            Yeah no doubt this is typical kstate bullsht. But none of it matters if DD is going to continue to shoot bricks. He is 8 for 31 for 3 point shooting. Clangggggggg! And one of these days RC4 and Craig Porter might make more free throws. I don't think I have seen CP make 2 consecutive free throws in a game. 50% CP. And KP and QG need to grow up fast. KP has really played soft like Fifi in the last 2 games. Guys just come up to him and just take the ball from him. He needs to be strong with the ball. Its embarrassing. QG suffers from the SHJones syndrome in his first year.. Constantly going to the cup to get his shot blocked.. If he would just take the midrange pull up m shot, he might discover its easier to get to the cup. Hope our guys figure it out. Hope we don't play MTXE ball. More turnovers and extra errors. Go Shocks.
                            You must be a lot of fun to hang out with.

Comment

Unless I'm missing something it's pretty tough to find kstate basketball message board with much activity.
                              Did you look at FireBruceWeberTonight.com?

Comment

I don't know if the covid situation last year changed the terms of the agreement, but the original agreement pretty much indicated which team had the upper hand in scheduling the series.

One in IBA, one in Manhattan, one in CKA, a second in Manhattan, and then a second in CKA. A 3-for-2 schedule favoring the Shox. Weber took a lot of crap when KSU fans saw that 3-for-2 schedule. K-State doesn't have much to lose by losing to the Shox. Weber has A LOT to lose if the Wild Kitties lose to the Shox.

Comment

Working...
                                X