No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Oklahoma State Game Thread 12-1-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am liking HCIB's approach more and more. He is mixing in zone, full press, 3/4 press, etc on D and it typically bears fruit pretty quickly. Played a lot of 4 guard lineups and it has been very successful. He understands he needs a confident, aggressive Mo for the team to have a good year and he is letting him play through some big time struggles and it looks like it is beginning to pay off. He seems to have played his best against our best competition (albeit it is early). IB still typically gives guys several minutes when they get in, but again last night he pulled a couple of guys after boneheaded plays (though still a long way from the fast draw GGG had). LIke most I've been really concerned with TE's shot selection - like that along with our fast break incompetence have been two of the biggest problems on the team - but TE took 7 shots last night in over 30 minutes. Credit to the coaches and TE himself for reigning it in and trusting other guys that are benefitting from the D's overplay on Tyson. Liked them running several plays to get the ball in Ricky's hands toward the end of the game - he was hot and he's got the confidence to come through. IB doesn't appear afraid to call some numbers not associated with TE, and to his credit TE didn't appear bothered. (BTW - Once Ricky takes a step up in judgement related to driving, dishing and eliminating some lapses on D he is going to be something to behold). Rebounding was a concern a few weeks ago but that seems go have improved. Heard on Talk Angry that our fast break O is literally worse than every D1 team but one; hey, we only have one way to go which is up and I am confident that will get better. Summary - I really like the ceiling on this team and HCIB is making some nice adjustments to keep the trajectory going up. The kids obviously love playing hard for him and this is the type of team that Shocker fans can really get behind.

Comment

• Yeah, that's the best Mo's played in a long time. My memory's a little foggy but I remember some time ago, I think it was 11/26/21, against Mizzou, when he was 6 of 8 from the field for 15 points and 5 boards. Now if WSU could just coax a good back-to-back performance from Big Mo the Shocks' stock would be trending up. Oh, wait...

All kiddin' aside, the guy is a work horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

He could probably take some of Qua's minutes and help lighten the load for Ty a bit. Not sure Ty needs to be playing 30+ minutes right now, especially if he's not creating much offense for himself or others. He obviously still needs to be on the court as he's a threat and other teams will key in on him, but getting Chaunce some time is going to benefit everyone in the long run, even if it's only 8 minutes here and there for now.
        I thought Tyson serving as a decoy later in the game probably helped Ricky, and served us well. Tyson isn’t playing great but probably is our best player. He’s still playing good defense, and rebounding

Comment

• Has anyone posted this yet?

Likekele is now one of my favorite non shockers.

https://sports.yahoo.com/time-came-w...120000040.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
            Has anyone posted this yet?

Likekele is now one of my favorite non shockers.

https://sports.yahoo.com/time-came-w...120000040.html
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Really impressive young men. Likekele sounds like he is ready to be a head coach today.

Comment

• Oklahoma State is definitely been one of my favorite teams to play against over the past few years. Always seem respectful and normally pretty good.

Comment

• Are the games archived on the Plus in perpetuity? If not how long are they kept on file?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I know this is kind of a cop out thing to say but don’t you think if Chaunce playing more minutes would help the team win games the coaching staff, who see him every day in practice, would give him more minutes?

I do want to see more of Chaunce. He showed some nice things in his limited minutes. I trust that the coaching staff wants to win first and foremost, especially in these big non-con games, and that they know which guys give us the best chance to do so.

Hopefully Chaunce’s chaunce is coming in this next string of games leading up to conference play.
                    How DARE you (and ALL of us) to think WE know better than the coaching staff about who needs minutes????:)

Comment

• KC Star says attendance was 8158........made me laugh

Comment

Really impressive young men. Likekele sounds like he is ready to be a head coach today.
                        He could help Mike Gundy too. He is put together and explosive.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                          Are the games archived on the Plus in perpetuity? If not how long are they kept on file?
                          Seven days

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

Seven days
                            I don't believe that is correct. Not sure how long they are available but I just accessed the Shocks opener against Jacksonville State on November 9th.

Comment

• Ya, a lot of games are on there for a while.

Comment

Really impressive young men. Likekele sounds like he is ready to be a head coach today.
                                Both of them did a very good job with the questions.

I am hoping that this matchup continues every year. It is a great series for both schools with cheap travel costs and the ability for fans to travel.

Comment

Working...
                                X