Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Playing bad teams?
    According to Kenpom there are only 14 schools in the top 100 of the rankings to have a harder non-con SOS so far than us. Multiple different ranking systems have our SOS in the top 100 in the nation (and many of the teams with the best SOS are teams like Tarleton who are playing a bunch of bye games on the road).
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

You think that Oklahoma State team is finishing in the Top 75? I suppose just playing in the Big 12 will save them but that looked like a cellar dweller type team to me. They sure as hell ain’t making the tournament. I guess if you wanna call that “quality”” then so be it.
      You give the B12 too much credit. Baylor and KU are really good. Maybe ISU and Texas will be good, but the rest of the league needs to prove it. OSU will be as good as anyone else after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Hey let's not pick on Joe. Our best player only outscored him by 5 tonight...just sayin.
        If you can’t see the difference than Joe and Tyson, you had too much alcohol.

Comment

• I give up….2 straight wins on the road, a near loss to a team we believe could be great, with a “ center” for us who is at best average…what am I missing ? I’m actually pretty impressed with this team and it’s ceiling… are they great yet? By no means… but getting better… think so..
          Last edited by molly jabali; December 2, 2021, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

According to Kenpom there are only 14 schools in the top 100 of the rankings to have a harder non-con SOS so far than us. Multiple different ranking systems have our SOS in the top 100 in the nation (and many of the teams with the best SOS are teams like Tarleton who are playing a bunch of bye games on the road).
            NM

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

That happened to SIU version 2.0. The peak SIU teams were great fun to watch on both ends. No fun to play against.
              Didn’t Stetson Hairston score like 40 against us at the Ks Coliseum and SIU won something like 114-42?

Comment

• Gallager Iba Arena still goes down as one of my least favorite places to watch a college basketball game.

Comment

• This team is incredibly similar to the 2002 SIU team that made the sweet-sixteen, even statistically. Whoever pointed that out earlier—good find.

Comment

Playing bad teams?
                    We are 54 on KenPom.

Out of the 53 teams ahead of us... SEVEN have played tougher schedules.

Which means we have played a tougher schedule than 44 of the top-50 teams in the country.

JFC you are so dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                      Gallager Iba Arena still goes down as one of my least favorite places to watch a college basketball game.
                      The upper reaches are a little scary in how steep the incline. I could just picture someone tripping on a step and tumbling all the way down.

Comment

• Not a good start to either half. Porter as good as he looked against Mizzou looked pretty ineffective against osu. Qua came in and again pushed too hard and was equally ineffective. Mo after a slow team start got things going and I actually counted at least three passes out of a double triple team in the post. Dexter was Dexter. RC IV played well but I agree with a previous post in that when RC IV has the ball he's going to shoot it. Monzy brought his usual frenzy approach. Nice use of the press and utilizing a zone in BOTH halves and the transition D looked better. Still can't stand prosperity on a fast break though. Anxious moments were plenty but we always had someone come through when we needed it to keep the game within reach. Tough defense tonight. SEC and then Big less than 12 announcers are tough to listen to but at least the latter group could pronounce Udeze correctly. Looking forward to seeing many thousands of my best friends Sunday downtown. Our group is going to Emerson's before hand which I believe is also hosting a large amount of kitten fans in the back room. Go Shocks

Comment

• OSU does not look great, but we do that to teams. They also get the metrics benefit of playing in the Big 12, so this will end up a good win, no matter how they looked last night.

Comment

• There are pieces of art that art Rembrandts. Then, there are the Hunter Biden version.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

We are 54 on KenPom.

Out of the 53 teams ahead of us... SEVEN have played tougher schedules.

Which means we have played a tougher schedule than 44 of the top-50 teams in the country.

JFC you are so dumb.
                              Don't confuse Negative Nabob with facts he cannot understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                                I like this team in a lot of ways. They just perplex me. Our offense looks so fragmented. I hold my breath when Dex or Mo try to dribble the ball. Tyson can barely get a shot off and hardly ever an open one. JP does a lot of little things but nothing shows up in the box score. The young guys play young at times. But somehow we just keep winning. We could be scary good if we figure things out.
                                This is exactly what I see too. Hope our coaching staff can come up with a way to solve some of these issues. Go Shocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X