When we are done paying Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When we are done paying Marshall

Go all in again and bring in another $3 million per year coach. I mean why not?

Put down the Hennigan's.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I think bleed yellow drank too much and needs a timeout tonight

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
        The players played their asses off against AZ. Coach Brown is doing a good job and is bringing in high level talent. We need more size but he is working on it. Would have helped if the Juco guy would have stayed. Give him a chance to get his own players before calling for a new coach.

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
          That will almost be like a half-decade from now, with the rate of inflation we have now, that won't even get a MVC level coach.

Comment

I say just bring Marshall back. He deserves it.

Comment

Nuts. Give IB his due. I understand his situation is a little different, but to me, that should bear no weight in how he is evaluated. Does he get a chance to learn the ropes, make a few batches of sausage to see what works and what doesn't? Maybe, we should waut and see what the end product looks like. And not even just this year. IB will be judged on wins, like every coach is. A WSU fan, more than any other should know the fruits of cultivating a coach that, if done properly and with patience and loyalty will pay sweet dividends that stick around.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                Nuts. Give IB his due. I understand his situation is a little different, but to me, that should bear no weight in how he is evaluated. Does he get a chance to learn the ropes, make a few batches of sausage to see what works and what doesn't? Maybe, we should waut and see what the end product looks like. And not even just this year. IB will be judged on wins, like every coach is. A WSU fan, more than any other should know the fruits of cultivating a coach that, if done properly and with patience and loyalty will pay sweet dividends that stick around.
                I don't necessarily disagree with this take, but I would point out tht IB has been involved in making this sausage for about 20 years now. What's new is he is the guy calling the shots with the primary responsibility for managing and herding a bunch of 20-year old young men. He has plenty of experience in the X's and O's and no doubt has a well developed basketball philosophy. But being the shot caller is a whole new dynamic for him.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                  I say just bring Marshall back. He deserves it.
                  No... Let's not crater our recruiting and program

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    No... Let's not crater our recruiting and program
                    “We” cratered the program when we fired him. IB is so far doing a respectable job of salvaging things. I’ll give him a fair go but if he faltered, I would hire 3G in a NY second although he would never do it.

Comment

I remember GGG getting his ass handed to him by L. Kruger and B. Underwood. He had no answer, even with pro talent. Mister hit-the-glass-or-hit-the-bench got humiliated by B. Huggins in their most recent meeting. The players that remained couldn't get out of here fast enough. No need to mention who was tough and just 'fake tough' in conference games against the Coogs. How about that amazing comeback against West Coast powerhouse Cal several years ago?

I believe GGG (who I think is a great coach) would have gotten humbled (not that he'd ever admit it) by Zona under the exact same circumstances Friday night, and then would end up benching all the wrong guys for the next 5 (if not 10) games, because, as was usually the case, it was their fault.

Don't blame HCIB because he has (inherited) a front line that is smaller than the average Valley team; his team doesn't need just one more big...

They played the best they could Friday night, considering their having some -ahem- glaring disadvantages.
                      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 21, 2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

“We” cratered the program when we fired him. IB is so far doing a respectable job of salvaging things. I’ll give him a fair go but if he faltered, I would hire 3G in a NY second although he would never do it.
                        Thankfully you aren't doing the hiring. 3G was a great coach, but he burnt his bridge and unfortunately the stigma around him would kill the program

Also last I checked we are coming off a conference championship and an NCAA bid. So firing him definitely didn't crater anything

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue;n1318021I believe GGG (who I think is a great coach) would have gotten humbled (not that he'd ever admit it) by Zona under the exact same circumstances Friday night, [B
                          and then would end up benching all the wrong guys for the next 5 (if not 10) games, because, as was usually the case, it was their fault.[/B]
                          This is a load of crap.

Comment

Has GGG been rumored to have been approached by any programs with openings? Has he appeared on any national media programs as a color commentator?
                            You need to ask yourself why that is? Coaches with far more public infractions have rehabilitated their careers/persona in less time.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

This is a load of crap.
                              You'll never know that.

What is known is that GGG left HCIB with a team that was shorter than any team he ever had. The front lines he put on the floor against WV, and the other teams cited, were certainly bigger than the team we saw from WSU Friday. No?

Who in the hell would ever want a 6'8" center (if Mo is even that), even at the JUCO level, going up against the Zona's and Sooners of the D1 world?
                              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 21, 2021, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X