2021-2022 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Not surprised by Academy of Art offense tonight, but always thought their defense was a little sketchy.
    I don't think you can paint them with a broad brush.

Comment

• UC-Davis will have to get up off the canvas....

Comment

• At the very least I’d say the Academy of Art left a big impression.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
          UC-Davis will have to get up off the canvas....
          Davis got Art U'ed...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• This was a fun way to start the week! You are all so clever.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
              My starting five for the Academy of Art

PG Van Gogh
              SG Manet
              SF Monet
              PF John Stuart Curry
              C Jasper Johns
              Sorry, but you've gotta have Jackson Pollock in the lineup as a combo guard. Dude sees the floor like none other and will splash from anywhere. #wet

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                UNI on the verge of locking up an at-large leading the Bonnies late on the road.
                Funny you say that, was on the UNI message board for a good laugh, and they were laying out the scenarios of how they get an at large bid yet...seriously 100% laughable!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Not surprised by Academy of Art offense tonight, but always thought their defense was a little sketchy.
                  Is their mascot an easel?

Comment

• I think they inadvertently left of the letter “F” in front of the word “Art”.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Funny you say that, was on the UNI message board for a good laugh, and they were laying out the scenarios of how they get an at large bid yet...seriously 100% laughable!

There's a chance of seeing St. Bonaventure in March. Perhaps, in a 6v 11 or a 7v 10 game.

I see Vermont and Nicolas winning their conference tourneys at the end. So, they're not bad losses. If we're 27-6 at the end we're a 9 seed, 26-7 about a 10 seed, and 25-8 an 11 seed in the First Four.

o, I'm not a math major, but lets be super generous and UNI a 90% chance of winning each game from here on out. I believe that puts UNI's expected season record [D1 Games] at 28.9 - 6.1. I took your word for it that there are 31 games left.

Let's be less generous, but still quite generous, and give UNI a 75% chance of winning each game. Expected record falls to 24.25 - 10.75.

UNI went 26-5 in two years ago and that probably wasn't enough. Drake went 25-4 last year and were the last team in. To even get into the NCAA discussion, UNI/Loyola/Drake/MSU will have to do something that is very unlikely over the next couple months. Not really even worth worrying about for a while. Let's just hope they keep playing good ball for now.

The good news IMO is that the Valley is hopefully going to be stronger at the top than it has been in recent years. With [hopefully] 4 top 75 teams, there will be more Q1 and Q2 opportunities, and the pressure to put up some ridiculous record will not be as high.

Fair enough, and yes I agree, UNI would be comfortably if that were to happen.

CANNOT make it up.

Then there's this voice of reason.

Honestly nothing says "Panthernation" like being 2-3 with 1 D1 win and saying "you know, if we only lose 2 more games the entire season, we can maybe get at-large" lol. But I mean that in an endearing way because I do the same thing

GOLD.
                      Last edited by WuDrWu; November 29, 2021, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                        Right now the Shocks are playing with fire by playing MTXE ball. More turnovers and extra errors.
                        Straight gold.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Earl Grant takes down USF by 15. 64-49

Comment

• Will Tarleton do the Shocks a solid by surprising the Zags tonight? Survey says…..!!!

Tulsa trails ORU late.

Comment

• Oral Bob beats Tulsa 87-80.

Bad night for the 'merican.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                Oral Bob beats Tulsa 87-80.

Bad night for the 'merican.
                                And HERE is where I place my annual “ Frank Haith is stealing Tulsa’s money” post…..
                                just like he did to Mizzou and Miami

he is the definition of below mediocre

Comment

Working...
                                X