Why aren’t you going to games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
    What percentage of fans do you think are fully vaccinated?
    Who cares?

Comment

1. GM's success is a tough act to follow and I was not happy he was forced out
      2. I like HCIB but to be successful and pack the house he needs to dance
      3. W's count the most but much of our fan base and financial support is older,
      affluent, white and conservative. Some are being turned off by leftist politics, BLM, etc
      just as they have been with the NBA,MLB, ESPN, etc etc

Comment

I’m attending!

Comment

Those few best friends have pressured me into attending with them this evening. So we'll see how it goes and you guys better be right about them not being mask Nazis
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Those few best friends have pressured me into attending with them this evening. So we'll see how it goes and you guys better be right about them not being mask Nazis
            Promise you, no mask Nazis. Again, if you want to feel ultra comfortable, wear a mask when you walk in and show your ticket then take it off immediately. It will allow you to feel like you're conforming and then less than one in 20 will be mask wearing at that point. You absolutely will NOT feel out of line.

Comment

Was a season ticket holder since 2005 but once COVID hit decided that I didn’t need the added stress of dealing with whatever procedures would be in place once the season started so I didn’t renew in June like the previous 15 years. Missed it like crazy but have decided this year to use my season ticket funds for away game trips. Not seeing as many games in person but getting to take in our Shox in a whole new way. I’ll be in Vegas, Columbia, Stillwater, Dallas, & New Orleans this season.
              Still live in the ICT and will probably grab some last minute tickets whenever the schedule allows.
              Just don’t base my fandom on attendance like I did in my younger days while other things may take priority away from the needed time to attend games my passionate is still just as high as ever!
              If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

3000 miles is a long ways away
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

The ticket office was very busy today.

Comment

Obviously, since I am in Texas I am exempt from this poll.

However, I am excited that I am going to more games this year than I have in the past 5 years combined since moving down here. Perks of my daughter being on the cheer team. LOL

Just wish I was close enough to go to even more!!!
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Someone several months ago, mentioned a secondary ticket seller that doesn’t charge fees if you buy. Can anyone remember the site?

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        3000 miles is a long ways away
                        But it was 69 degrees here today!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

But it was 69 degrees here today!
                          That’s always a good time!
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

My daughter's been out at WSU for 4.5 years and decided, two weeks before graduating that she wanted to go to a game. So she got up last Monday morning to go pick up tickets to take my Dad and I to the K-state game at Intrust. We sat 4 rows up from the band, she had a blast, and given the opportunity she'd probably go to another game. I tried to convince her to put off graduating so she could continue to get student tickets but alas, she's reached her educational limit.

Comment

Was a season ticket holder for 20 years but with kids activities ramping up, being a member of two bands and volunteering, it was hard to attend 2+ games every week and sharing tickets was a hassle, though we did it for a couple of years. Still go to several games every year. Plus, we decided to spend the money on family trips while the kids were still around.
                              I assume a few people would prefer I listed more scandalous, spicy or scintillating reasons to fulfill their fishing expedition.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO View Post
                                Was a season ticket holder for 20 years but with kids activities ramping up, being a member of two bands and volunteering, it was hard to attend 2+ games every week and sharing tickets was a hassle, though we did it for a couple of years. Still go to several games every year. Plus, we decided to spend the money on family trips while the kids were still around.
                                I assume a few people would prefer I listed more scandalous, spicy or scintillating reasons to fulfill their fishing expedition.
                                Pretty similar for me. We live 230 miles from Wichita, and would get to most home games. We bought season tickets during the Turgeon days. We would travel to St. Louis every year, even caught a few road games. I remember a game in Fort Collins where after the game, there had been a wreck on southbound I25 between there and Denver. It took forever to get back to Denver that night. Alas I am rambling, but the point is now that some of the inconveniences we would put up with back then are more bothersome now that we are older.

Comment

Working...
                                X