No announcement yet.

AAC adding 6 teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have a baseball team. In the name of, hell would have to freeze over, the SEC would add us wayyyy before the BIG

Comment

• Is this UTSA's gym????

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        Is this UTSA's gym????

https://twitter.com/NCAABuzzerBters/...vYotL3RQw&s=19
        Yes ... UTSA's and FAU's facilities are lower than High School level crap. I think UTSA has plans to build something new ... no idea on FAU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yes ... UTSA's and FAU's facilities are lower than High School level crap. I think UTSA has plans to build something new ... no idea on FAU.
          Oh, that sucks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think FAU is renovating theirs, but I don't think they are adding seating behind the baskets. UTSA seems to be putting a lot of money and effort into athletics so I would put more faith in them to get up to AAC standards.

Comment

• We've seen what UTSA has done with football in a short time. I believe they're currently a top 25 team. They do have plans to build a new arena and I think they're going with a decent sized one too if I'm remembering correctly. But again, they'll need some time to recruit to the AAC and grow the program. It may take a little longer than some of the others but they're investing and they want to be better so you have to give them the opportunity.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• that gym is about the same size as Rice.

Comment

• For those that ever saw TCU's gym at the time they entered the B12, it had a stage at one end much like the elementary schools many of us attended.
                  P.S. It's important to remember that the powers that be in the state of Texas only discovered the sport of basketball in the last 20 years or so. The public is still somewhat behind that.

Comment

• This is so depressing on so many levels. The conference did nothing to strengthen the conference and actually went the opposite direction. Would have been better standing pat or continuing dialogue with the MWC. Yuck...

Comment

• UTSA is moving forward with very aggressive commitment to athletics - 10,000 seat arena among their athletic projects

https://www.utsa.edu/masterplan/pdfs/MP_Athletics.pdf

Comment

• Yeah, it’s not great. But remember how we felt about Loyola? Look how far they have come. We have no control over it so let’s just wait and see.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          This is so depressing on so many levels. The conference did nothing to strengthen the conference and actually went the opposite direction. Would have been better standing pat or continuing dialogue with the MWC. Yuck...
                          I believe the primary objective was keeping the payout the same for the existing schools. They managed to do that by adding 6 and giving those 6 a ramp up in tv funds. That keeps the existing schools whole at least through the end of the contract 2032 I think. That's not a trivial thing.

Comment

• Adding a top 25 football team doesn't hurt the conference. If they maintain and continue to grow support that program could be a big asset to future media deals and they happen to be in a market that isn't saturated with a lot of competition and they have room to grow more support there.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                              UTSA is moving forward with very aggressive commitment to athletics - 10,000 seat arena among their athletic projects

https://www.utsa.edu/masterplan/pdfs/MP_Athletics.pdf
                              I really hope they don't build an on-campus football stadium. The Alamodome is a fine venue, centrally located in San Antonio, and attendance (including student attendance) is not an issue for the program. The money could be better spent elsewhere (maybe a better basketball coach).
                              "
                              I do think that UTSA should consider changing their sports branding from "UTSA" to "San Antonio".
                              Last edited by TrackSuitAndTie; November 16, 2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                Is this UTSA's gym????

https://twitter.com/NCAABuzzerBters/...vYotL3RQw&s=19
                                Some may call that draining a three but I would never describe a banked in three in those terms.

Comment

Working...
                                X