Closed Scrimmage - Texas Tech vs WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Look I'm not trying to go one way or the other with this line of arguing, but my question is:

What "youngsters" got so much playing time that it caused us to get doubled up by a middling, at best, Big 12 team?

Seriously....Mo and Chaunce didn't play. I'm going to assume that Gaston-Chapman didn't play (and if he did then things are even worse than anyone thinks, in more ways than one).

That leaves 10 players. Tyson, RC4, Monzy, Dex, Craig Porter, Qua and Joe all have plenty of experience.

That leaves Kenny, Isaac and Jalen. If those 3 played enough to get our asses kicked, then we were pissing up a rope. I doubt they played THAT much, so a good part of the beating is on our guys that we're going to count on all season.

And yes, I completely agree with shoxlax , no Mo is a huge freaking problem for this team. And I think that says something as well, in a variety of ways.

Actually it is pretty obvious which way you have been going with your comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Actually it is pretty obvious which way you have been going with your comments.
      you don't think Doc is in the "HCIB cleverly let them score 100 points" club?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

you don't think Doc is in the "HCIB cleverly let them score 100 points" club?
        HCIB is one clever dude, playing chess when everyone else is playing checkers. Any honest questions regarding his methods are a conspiracy. Only compliments are allowed, lest one is placed in the Hate HCIB club.

Comment

I don't know... wasn't there to witness this practice get together, neither was anybody else on here.
          But its October and plenty on here are certainly getting their panties in a wad over a practice 'game' and some suspect scores and figures.
          Seems like a good time for WStateU to post the Allen Iverson clip about 'Practice'.

That is all.
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
            I don't know... wasn't there to witness this practice get together, neither was anybody else on here.
            But its October and plenty on here are certainly getting their panties in a wad over a practice 'game' and some suspect scores and figures.
            Seems like a good time for WStateU to post the Allen Iverson clip about 'Practice'.

That is all.
            Why is Texas Tech so much more advanced on the court in October than we are?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

That is all.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Mark Adams was to Chris Beard what Chris Jans was to Gregg Marshall.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

That is all.
                  I don't hear any panic now, or at least I'm not in that mode, but I do think that questions in October can be valid. I will allow for some grace in that October as a Head Coach is a totally new thing for IB, just as this entire off season has been so far. The methods, words, and everything is totally new for him, and his past Assistant Coaching experience only goes so far.His 25 years as an Assistant, only gives him some experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I don't hear any panic now, or at least I'm not in that mode, but I do think that questions in October can be valid. I will allow for some grace in that October as a Head Coach is a totally new thing for IB, just as this entire off season has been so far. The methods, words, and everything is totally new for him, and his past Assistant Coaching experience only goes so far.His 25 years as an Assistant, only gives him some experience.
                    The Head Coach is the biggest question mark right now?

Is the Head Coach more of a question right now than who is running the point? Is the Head Coach more of a question than "can WSU win the conference again with a frontline that was smaller than the average Valley team?" Maybe if the Head Coach learned to spot 6'5 power forwards and 6'8 centers who are hungrier than those that GGG left behind?

Why hasn't our Coach gone out and brought in another X eh?

Comment

If you didn't know anything about our fan base and stumbled upon this thread you'd have to question the IQ. OVERREACTION MUCH???

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

The Head Coach is the biggest question mark right now?

Is the Head Coach more of a question right now than who is running the point? Is the Head Coach more of a question than "can WSU win the conference again with a frontline that was smaller than the average Valley team?" Maybe if the Head Coach learned to spot 6'5 power forwards and 6'8 centers who are hungrier than those that GGG left behind?

Why hasn't our Coach gone out and brought in another X eh?
                        What's your point? I just said that questions are fair for our 1 million dollar coach. I didn't care for 52-28 for the first scrimmage, but other than that, I don't have anything negative to say. Didn't see it, and don't know why it happened, but that is a thorough beatdown during that portion of the day. Maybe that is a small snapshot of our team, so I'm waiting for games that I can see before I draw any "real" conclusions.

Comment

I think it is more that some are still butthurt over the Marshall thing. And they can't wait to say "I told you so" if things go downhill. I won't go as far to say that some WANT WSU to fail, but it is close.

But yes, it's a freaking scrimmage in October. Nothing to be super concerned about yet.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                            If you didn't know anything about our fan base and stumbled upon this thread you'd have to question the IQ. OVERREACTION MUCH???
                            That's true of every fandom of every team.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                              I think it is more that some are still butthurt over the Marshall thing. And they can't wait to say "I told you so" if things go downhill. I won't go as far to say that some WANT WSU to fail, but it is close.
                              Now this sounds like an overreaction to me.

Comment

Scrimmages mean almost nothing. Some of you people lol.

There's a reason the scoring is supposed to be kept private; they don't want pressure from the fanbases to win. Once that happens, it defeats their entire purpose which is to try out different sets against unfriendly and more physically matched players. These games are played in lieu of a laugher against a hopelessly overmatched scrub. Nobody gets better in that situation.

Texas Tech lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X