Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Shocker Madness (Thoughts, Analysis, & Impressions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Shocker Madness (Thoughts, Analysis, & Impressions)

Shocker_Madness_2021.jpg

Comment

Does anyone know the order of events and activities? Are the women first? I don’t know if I have 3 hours to spend, and would like to make choices if possible.

Comment

Will this be live streamed and available for podcast or later viewing?
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          Does anyone know the order of events and activities? Are the women first? I don’t know if I have 3 hours to spend, and would like to make choices if possible.
          Shocker Madness 2021
          Oct. 12 | 6 p.m. (Doors open at 5 p.m.)
          Charles Koch Arena

Introductions (WBB/MBB)
          Championship Ring Presentation (MBB)
          3-Point Contest (MBB/WBB)
          Slam Dunk Contest (MBB)
          Women's Scrimmage
          Men's Scrimmage

https://goshockers.com/news/2021/10/...ay-oct-12.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Shocker Madness 2021
            Oct. 12 | 6 p.m. (Doors open at 5 p.m.)
            Charles Koch Arena

Introductions (WBB/MBB)
            Championship Ring Presentation (MBB)
            3-Point Contest (MBB/WBB)
            Slam Dunk Contest (MBB)
            Women's Scrimmage
            Men's Scrimmage

https://goshockers.com/news/2021/10/...ay-oct-12.aspx
            Thanks for the information.

i was excited for the women’s program several years ago when Keitha Adams was hired. But they haven’t produced at all, so I’m not interested any longer, and wish they wouldn’t give them equal time. I doubt I will come for 3 hours. Maybe not at all. Until they win, a different model is necessary imo.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

i was excited for the women’s program several years ago when Keitha Adams was hired. But they haven’t produced at all, so I’m not interested any longer, and wish they wouldn’t give them equal time. I doubt I will come for 3 hours. Maybe not at all. Until they win, a different model is necessary imo.
              You are absolutely right, but you have to remember this is a modern university and modern university students will be outraged if WSU says “the men are better and deserve more time.”

I live in Portland, OR and recently had a coworker tell me the players in the WNBA do the same things on the floor as the players in the NBA. These people are insane.

Comment

I will be there at 5. I need more Shocker shirts and this is the only time I can get a good seat to watch the team. I'm staying optimistic about the women's program. I want to see what they've got this year. If they get any games on ESPN+, I'll check the game out.

There are a lot of new faces to check out and I'm interested in seeing what Jenkins can do. Problem is that Jenkins may be allowed (by his teammates) to look better than he might actually be. Sometimes the guys toward the end of the bench aren't defended with enthusiasm.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Pohto and Abbide (or is it Adibbe) can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Gregg Marshall View Post

You are absolutely right, but you have to remember this is a modern university and modern university students will be outraged if WSU says “the men are better and deserve more time.”

I live in Portland, OR and recently had a coworker tell me the players in the WNBA do the same things on the floor as the players in the NBA. These people are insane.
                  You’re right of course. I wouldn’t want more time for the men, just one before the other. 3 point contests together, etc.

Comment

NM
                    Last edited by Kel Varnsen; October 10, 2021, 10:42 PM.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

You’re right of course. I wouldn’t want more time for the men, just one before the other. 3 point contests together, etc.
                      I see. I would like more time for the men, because… they’re better LOL. Let’s see a dunk contest for the women. Oh, they can’t? How surprising.

Sorry, it’s just that I was told I’d move further towards social justice after moving out here. Now I just hate it 10x more. Ignore me.

Comment

I see. I would like more time for the men, because… they’re better LOL. Let’s see a dunk contest for the women. Oh, they can’t? How surprising.

Sorry, it’s just that I was told I’d move further towards social justice after moving out here. Now I just hate it 10x more. Ignore me.
                        They won't get any rings either. In fact, I don't think the women have even been in the top half of the conference (top 5 for sure).

Comment

Using THAT logic, my grandson's 6 y.o. team does the same things on the floor as NBA players. Wait, what?! They're not paid?!

Comment

They won't get any rings either. In fact, I don't think the women have even been in the top half of the conference (top 5 for sure).
                            Not so. I know Darryl Smith had a good year and went to the WNIT. Jody Adams had several 1st place finishes. Believe it not, I believe the women have finished in 5th most of the last 4-5 years.

Comment

Looking forward to tonight as we get a first look at our Shockers. Hope for a good turnout.

Comment

Working...
                              X