2021-22 Expectations for Shocker Basketball – “Summertime Edition”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

But doesn't "Should be a great season and I trust at least a second week in the Big Dance for the Shockers." mean you predicted they would make it to the round of 32?
    2nd week would be the Sweet 16. Round of 32 is just day two at whatever site they'd be at.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

2nd week would be the Sweet 16. Round of 32 is just day two at whatever site they'd be at.
      Ah, I couldn't remember, that's why I asked. Also, are the play-in games now considered week 1? They play those the Thursday before week 1, right?
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Comment

I hope Joe Pleasant plays as physical as he looks in the Abilene Christian highlights. We could use another bruiser in the paint with Big MO.

Comment

Revisited this thread as the Shocker roster and schedule are both set. My original projection was for 24 wins but today's calculation predicts 26 wins with 27 a real possibility. I cannot wait for the season to begin.

Comment

I predict 3G would have won 30+ games with this Roster and Isaac will win 26 because he is a good coach as well.

Comment

Yeah, but how many wins would E.V. Long, Lamar Hoover, Leonard Umnus and Mel Binford have had?

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                  I predict 3G would have won 30+ games with this Roster and Isaac will win 26 because he is a good coach as well.
                  Impossible to make that comparison. It's almost a certainty that the roster would be different - one way or the other - if GGG was the coach.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

Impossible to make that comparison. It's almost a certainty that the roster would be different - one way or the other - if GGG was the coach.
                    Um, I think I said with the same roster.

Comment

The more I see and hear, the more excited I am about this teams potential. I don’t think I’ve been this excited since Ron and Fred.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Repeat Champs, with a little resistance from Memphis.

Comment

As group, here is our "Summertime" predictions versus actual over the last 3 years:
                          2018-19: Predicted 23 wins, Actual 22 wins (made it the semifinals of the NIT)
                          2019-20: Predicted 25 wins, Actual 23 wins (AAC Conference Tournament Cancelled)
                          2020-21: Predicted 23 wins, Actual 16 wins (Covid Shortened Season), however had we played every scheduled game, on a percentage bases (16 wins out of 22 games = 72.7%), we can estimate we would have won approximately 25 games and lost 9 games (total of 34) last season.

My original “Summertime” prediction was 24-9.
                          My new prediction is still 24 wins, but with 8 losses. I was thinking we would get 13 Non-conference games (1 more big name starting on the road series) but the schedule says only 12 this season.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                            As group, here is our "Summertime" predictions versus actual over the last 3 years:
                            2018-19: Predicted 23 wins, Actual 22 wins (made it the semifinals of the NIT)
                            2019-20: Predicted 25 wins, Actual 23 wins (AAC Conference Tournament Cancelled)
                            2020-21: Predicted 23 wins, Actual 16 wins (Covid Shortened Season), however had we played every scheduled game, on a percentage bases (16 wins out of 22 games = 72.7%), we can estimate we would have won approximately 25 games and lost 9 games (total of 34) last season.

My original “Summertime” prediction was 24-9.
                            My new prediction is still 24 wins, but with 8 losses. I was thinking we would get 13 Non-conference games (1 more big name starting on the road series) but the schedule says only 12 this season.
                            That's actually pretty amazing if you think about it. If my calculations are right (no promises), this poll predicts 24.71 wins (based on 13 non con games) round up to 25 and take off 1 for the short game, and 1 more for the slightly over prediction capability of the poll over the last 3 seasons and we could reasonably expect 23-7 going into the AAC tourney. Good stuff WuShock Reaper

Comment

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X