After Game Interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Game Interviews

Does anyone else think it is dumb to have the interview in the locker room after the game, and then interview the coach again later asking 95% of the very same questions?

Especially after a loss, when he might not feel like talking that much?

I think it is overkill.

Granted, sometimes the player in the locker room is a different one from the POG later, but doing double duty on the coach is a little redundant.

I don't have a problem with it... Mike and Dave try to eliminate some of the duplication.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Two purposes are served:

1. Information for the media at large.

2. Information for radio listeners.

Yes, there is some redundacy, but there are two listening audiences.

I suppose WSU could open the locker room to the listeners and crowd them into the locker room.

Comment

I understand the original poster's perspective but I am in Ricky's camp on this one.

Go Shocks!!!!
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
          I don't have a problem with it... Mike and Dave try to eliminate some of the duplication.
          They try not to ask the same questions. The difficulty is hearing the questions from the press conference room.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

They've always done both, this is just the first year that we hear both on shocker radio....I like it

Comment

I believe the post game media room interviews have always preceded the radio's. This is the first year the radio has included the media room dialogue. I wish we could do a little better picking up the questions that are asked. I still think it is a good addition to the post game radio broadcast.

Comment

Re: After Game Interviews

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                Does anyone else think it is dumb to have the interview in the locker room after the game, and then interview the coach again later asking 95% of the very same questions?

Especially after a loss, when he might not feel like talking that much?

I think it is overkill.

Granted, sometimes the player in the locker room is a different one from the POG later, but doing double duty on the coach is a little redundant.
                I really like it. Mike and Dave do their best to ask different questions and I for one cannot get enough of what Coach has to say.

Comment

I like hearing both.

Coach gets a little tougher questions from the media than Kennedy. Kennedy has been evolving as the games go by and mainly stays away from duplicate questions except for clarifications.

Isn't more better anyway? If its to much for somebody, nobody is making them listen anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                    I like hearing both.

Coach gets a little tougher questions from the media than Kennedy. Kennedy has been evolving as the games go by and mainly stays away from duplicate questions except for clarifications.

Isn't more better anyway? If its to much for somebody, nobody is making them listen anyway.
                    :good: :good: :good: :goshocks: 8) yep!
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I like it. A lot of times I am at home by the time Marshall gets on and the kids won't let me just sit in the car and listen. So I at least get to hear the questions in the press room.

Comment

Working...
                      X