Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post

For those who still want to go back to the Valley..

Norlander just confirmed that the A10 is not expected to lose any of the 14 current memberships. They will now be at 15.

Sooooo if that Big East comment about them looking to add a school is true ... and it's not any of the A10 schools ... the only 2 logical schools are Gonzaga and WSU at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Sooooo if that Big East comment about them looking to add a school is true ... and it's not any of the A10 schools ... the only 2 logical schools are Gonzaga and WSU at that point.
      I mean, as much as I don't like to say this, I would imagine the BE is targeting Gonzaga much before WSU. Again, don't like saying it, but I'm afraid it's true.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Sounds like Loyola had an AD and administration with some forethought and balls to actually do something. Must be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Sounds like Loyola had an AD and administration with some forethought and balls to actually do something. Must be nice.
          You mean like the time WSU left the Valley for American?

Or are you referring to the time some fans thought you could just snap your fingers and join the big east then got upset because it hadn't happened yet five minutes after the American lost some members?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

You mean like the time WSU left the Valley for American?

Or are you referring to the time some fans thought you could just snap your fingers and join the big east then got upset because it hadn't happened yet five minutes after the American lost some members?
            Yes, I mean when John Bardo was President of the University not some wokey. I don't think you can snap your fingers and join a conference but I certainly think WSU can do more than they are seemingly doing now, which is just throwing up our hands and talking about how great the 6 cupcakes are who are being added are.

Comment

Yes, I mean when John Bardo was President of the University not some wokey. I don't think you can snap your fingers and join a conference but I certainly think WSU can do more than they are seemingly doing now, which is just throwing up our hands and talking about how great the 6 cupcakes are who are being added are.
              Do you expect to hear a daily update from the AD/President about this stuff? I don’t think that’s how it works.

What kind of idiot would publicly disparage the new teams joining the conference that they are still very much a part of?

Comment

Do you expect to hear a daily update from the AD/President about this stuff? I don’t think that’s how it works.

What kind of idiot would publicly disparage the new teams joining the conference that they are still very much a part of?
                I guess we shall see. And we'll wait and enjoy our games against juggernauts like Rice, UTSA, Charlotte, North Texas, FAU and UAB.

Comment

You actually believe Boatright is doing something, anything? He didn’t even leave the door open in his last radio interview. He literally said he was satisfied where the American was headed.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Any chance WSU becomes #16?

Comment

I guess we shall see. And we'll wait and enjoy our games against juggernauts like Rice, UTSA, Charlotte, North Texas, FAU and UAB.
                      You’re a fool if you think anyone is happy about the American losing the teams it did.

You’re an even bigger fool if you think WSU had any control over the matter.

People complained about the Valley and we jumped ship when a better opportunity presented itself. I don’t see any reason to doubt a similar move would take place if an opportunity presented itself. WSU has a lot of good things going for it but we don’t exactly have a ton of leverage when it comes to conference realignment.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You actually believe Boatright is doing something, anything? He didn’t even leave the door open in his last radio interview. He literally said he was satisfied where the American was headed.
                        I have no idea what Boatright is or isn’t doing behind the scenes. Do you?

What I do know is that these things don’t play out in public radio interviews. My opinion of him would change considerably to the negative if he said anything but “we’re happy with the American, these additions are great, yada yada yada.”

To say otherwise would reflect poorly on him and WSU since we should probably still be incredibly grateful that the American provided us an opportunity to leave the Valley.

Comment

• Would we want to be team #16 in the A10? Is it BE or bust? We better off being a big fish in a drying up pond?

Comment

• I said it after the AAC raid and I will say it again, regardless of what Boatright says.

WSU does not fit the A-10 or the BE. However they need to bust balls trying to get into either league or figure out how to add football. Because the schools and athletic departments we probably line up with most play football. At some point down the road it will be an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                              Would we want to be team #16 in the A10? Is it BE or bust? We better off being a big fish in a drying up pond?
                              Very small sample size here but Taking last years NETs of the to-be AAC and the to-be A10
                              AAC A10
                              35 10
                              55 31
                              59 42
                              70 52
                              83 68
                              127 77
                              158 90
                              160 112
                              161 119
                              175 135
                              178 139
                              181 209
                              200 222
                              231 266
                              AVG 133 AVG 126
                              Top of the A10 is better though Loyola (the 10) wont stay up that high. Bottom of the A10 is worse. Average is basically the same.

So right now? I'm not sure it make sense because it would be a financial hit. If Memphis and SMU leave? Yea it probably makes sense then.

Comment

• Why would we want to join the Atlantic Ten and make less media money and increase travel? Wichita is much better off playing in Texas and the southeast than playing in the northeast.

I also do not see where Southern Methodist could ever go. The Big Twelve is not going to double down on Dallas with another private school.
                                The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Working...
                                X