Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Hmmmmm....... Army, Navy and Air Force in the same conference?????
    It would make a lot of sense. And while not really any help to the basketball side ... Would be a lot of eyeballs on the conference. Just pull in San Diego State while they are at it since it's a military town.

​​​​

Comment

• The 3 service academies together would be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It would make a lot of sense. And while not really any help to the basketball side ... Would be a lot of eyeballs on the conference. Just pull in San Diego State while they are at it since it's a military town.

​​​​
        I like it a lot. And what better conference for our armed forces than THE AMERICAN!

Comment

​​​​
          Army would probably be FB only so a BB school could be added like VCU.

Comment

• https://www.sandiegouniontribu...mpson-air-force-colorado-state

Lol their commissioner is awful. Not even trying. It does sound like he's accepted he's losing at least two from his comments. So that's CSU and Air Force which would put army in play.

Now just convince Boise and SDSU. Aresco seems to be dealing using the exit fees to close the deal.
            Last edited by Stickboy46; September 17, 2021, 08:49 PM.

Comment

https://www.sandiegouniontribu...mps...colorado-state

Lol their commissioner is awful. Not even trying. It does sound like he's accepted he's losing at least two from his comments. So that's CSU and Air Force which would put army in play.

Now just convince Boise and SDSU. Aresco seems to be dealing using the exit fees to close the deal.
              Link didn't work for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Link didn't work for me.
                Updated it. It posted weird

Comment

• Colorado State would be a good add for basketball. I wouldn't be mad if the AAC took in CSU, AFA, UAB, and Army if we could add another Olympic sports only member to pair with Army football.

Comment

• I'm just hoping that CSU and AFA biting is enough to get Boise and SDSU to jump.

I wouldn't have faith in their commissioner to fill the gaps with anyone worthwhile

Comment

I'm just hoping that CSU and AFA biting is enough to get Boise and SDSU to jump.

I wouldn't have faith in their commissioner to fill the gaps with anyone worthwhile
                      The Domino's will fall quickly once the first announces.

Comment

• As a resident of the Springs I'm giddy. Yeah I know AF brings nothing to bb but it allows me to fill my Shocker void in Olympic City USA.

Comment

• Athletics aside, the prospect of having an excuse to hit the Fort Collins and Colorado Springs breweries a couple of times a year got me hype. If we added San Diego I might have a very, very serious problem. Just on variety alone, the AAC is the top road food conference in the U.S. (Good luck beating Po'Boys, Cajun, Creole, Gulf Coast seafood, Cracker cuisine, Philly Cheesesteaks, Texas, Memphis and east Carolina BBQ ). Adding the front range beer scene would complement that nicely.
                          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                            Athletics aside, the prospect of having an excuse to hit the Fort Collins and Colorado Springs breweries a couple of times a year got me hype. If we added San Diego I might have a very, very serious problem. Just on variety alone, the AAC is the top road food conference in the U.S. (Good luck beating Po'Boys, Cajun, Creole, Gulf Coast seafood, Cracker cuisine, Philly Cheesesteaks, Texas, Memphis and east Carolina BBQ ). Adding the front range beer scene would complement that nicely.
                            Man that's a great point. I haven't been everywhere, but my mouth waters at just the thought of Tampa Clearwater for baseball. Hard to go wrong down there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                              Athletics aside, the prospect of having an excuse to hit the Fort Collins and Colorado Springs breweries a couple of times a year got me hype. If we added San Diego I might have a very, very serious problem. Just on variety alone, the AAC is the top road food conference in the U.S. (Good luck beating Po'Boys, Cajun, Creole, Gulf Coast seafood, Cracker cuisine, Philly Cheesesteaks, Texas, Memphis and east Carolina BBQ ). Adding the front range beer scene would complement that nicely.
                              Maybe for baseball season. Winter months, travel could be a little dicey.

Comment

• The Idaho sports guy is not a fan of the AAC.

Comment

Working...
                                X