Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Football will drive the bus, but they are like the 50th choice when it comes to basketball unfortunately. Replacing Top 10-30 teams most years (UH and Cincy) with a MAYBE Top 100 is a bad thing.
    What football school could replace UH or Cincy in basketball though? I am doubtful any team in the MWC would jump ship to the (now flailing) AAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

What football school could replace UH or Cincy in basketball though? I am doubtful any team in the MWC would jump ship to the (now flailing) AAC.
      The ones that could are in the MWC .. so that's the problem. Aresco is gonna have to earn his paycheck for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

When someone asked if the other school was Creighton, his reply was "You zigged when you should have zagged". So if his info carries any truth, it's likely Gonzaga.
        If the Zags were willing to do that, I don't know why they wouldn't go Big East. Better fit for them, but if BYU and the Zags left the WCC, I wonder if the WCC would be more willing to hold Boise's Olympics sports? Of course, at that point it would be a real question of whether the AAC would be better than the MWC.

Comment

• No one is jumping from the AAC to the MWC. That's silly talk. Without UCF, Cincy, and Houston, the AAC is at worst on par with the MWC.

I firmly believe there would be willingness from certain select MWC schools to move over the AAC. The big question is would there be enough money in the reworked TV deal to fly Olympic sports between 3 time zones.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
            No one is jumping from the AAC to the MWC. That's silly talk. Without UCF, Cincy, and Houston, the AAC is at worst on par with the MWC.

I firmly believe there would be willingness from certain select MWC schools to move over the AAC. The big question is would there be enough money in the reworked TV deal to fly Olympic sports between 3 time zones.
            I think the MWC deal is roughly 4 mil a year. If ESPN is involved and keeps the AAC at 7 mil a year per team while dropping the MWC based on those additions, then it might be worth it to them. ESPN will be moving a LOT of money around here shortly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think the MWC deal is roughly 4 mil a year. If ESPN is involved and keeps the AAC at 7 mil a year per team while dropping the MWC based on those additions, then it might be worth it to them. ESPN will be moving a LOT of money around here shortly.
              I doubt we could stay at $7M, but if we picked up some of the top MWC teams we might only drop to the $5-6M range. I'm thinking BSU, CSU, UNM, UW, USU, and AF all jump ship to get us to 14 so we could have east/west divisions of 7. I think this the only way we could raid the MWC and make it work long term. Without divisions, it's just too damn expensive to travel.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• For clarity, the MWC media deal is with CBS and Fox, not ESPN. It also runs until 2026.

Comment

• If we're going to get blown up I hope the Shox somehow join or merge with MWC so I can at least see an occasional game here in SD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

I doubt we could stay at $7M, but if we picked up some of the top MWC teams we might only drop to the $5-6M range. I'm thinking BSU, CSU, UNM, UW, USU, and AF all jump ship to get us to 14 so we could have east/west divisions of 7. I think this the only way we could raid the MWC and make it work long term. Without divisions, it's just too damn expensive to travel.
                    There would 100% have to be divisions .. but that's not a bad thing. Either way, I think adding those teams would keep us close enough to our current payout that it would still be a large bump for the MWC. Also, yet again, it CLEARLY defines the 6th best conference. So if they add auto qualifiers to the next CFB, there is no debate who the next conference would be to get that auto qualifier.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      If we're going to get blown up I hope the Shox somehow join or merge with MWC so I can at least see an occasional game here in SD.
                      you have a hot governor, that's enough

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                        For clarity, the MWC media deal is with CBS and Fox, not ESPN. It also runs until 2026.
                        Even better. ESPN stealing inventory.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

You have the hots for Gavin Newsom?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

San Diego or South Dakota…
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

You have the hots for Gavin Newsom?
                              LOL!!!!

With any luck the Prince of French Laundry will be gone soon enough.

Comment

• How would you like your **** sandwich? With a side of Summit? Sprinkle of Horizon? "Requiem for a Dream" sized blue double dildo of MVC?
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X