Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe a small miracle does happen and WSU joins with BYU.

Might what a change this is from a month ago when ESPN and Arnesco were flexing their collective muscle.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      Maybe a small miracle does happen and WSU joins with BYU.

Might what a change this is from a month ago when ESPN and Arnesco were flexing their collective muscle.
      If the rumors are true .. it was KSU that tattled. Not surprising. They knew they don't belong in the P5 anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If the rumors are true .. it was KSU that tattled. Not surprising. They knew they don't belong in the P5 anyways.
        If true and that’s what killed the merger, I’d consider rooting for KU over them.

​​​​​​……….maybe.
        The Assman

Comment

• Arnesco was either delusional or bluffing. If he truly believed it he might be the one commissioner more incompetent than Bowlsby. There was never any chance of teams leaving the Big 12 for AAC unless it was 2-3 leftovers after others like OSU, KU, & ISU left. I know that's likely to be an unpopular opinion here.

Comment

• Originally posted by yesimaKUfan View Post
            Arnesco was either delusional or bluffing. If he truly believed it he might be the one commissioner more incompetent than Bowlsby. There was never any chance of teams leaving the Big 12 for AAC unless it was 2-3 leftovers after others like OSU, KU, & ISU left. I know that's likely to be an unpopular opinion here.
            It was a zero risk move. If it worked, he's a god comissioner .. if it doesn't ... no change and you are likely to get poached .. same thing as if he sat and didn't try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It was a zero risk move. If it worked, he's a god comissioner .. if it doesn't ... no change and you are likely to get poached .. same thing as if he sat and didn't try.
              Fair, he had to try even if there was <.1% chance. I guess the delusion comes from people who believed there was anything to that. Same for KU fans convinced that the B1G's response to the SEC solidifying their position as #1 football conference would be immediately inviting KU & ISU without some other dominoes falling. Was never going to happen and was only wishful thinking.

Comment

• The little 8 with 3 AAC schools and BYU, if that happens, is nothing more than the MAC on steroids football wise. If they think they're staying on the same level as the other 4 power conferences, I don't know what planet they are on.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  The little 8 with 3 AAC schools and BYU, if that happens, is nothing more than the MAC on steroids football wise. If they think they're staying on the same level as the other 4 power conferences, I don't know what planet they are on.
                  Last comment then I'll hang up and listen on the air. Maybe a few delusional fans think this keeps them at the same level but the vast majority know this is just about remaining the best league outside the P4 and buying time until further consolidation.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Worst-case scenario, in my estimation, is Memphis and SMU leaving for the MWC. If that happens, we are barely a tick above MVC basketball and the conference money will disappear.
                    In that scenario, maybe Navy wants to join MWC to have Air Force in conference for football and we could tag along for East Oly. 6 votes should be enough to dissolve the conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

If true and that’s what killed the merger, I’d consider rooting for KU over them.

​​​​​​……….maybe.
                      KSU didn't kill the merger lol! Reality did.

Comment

• Originally posted by yesimaKUfan View Post
                        Arnesco was either delusional or bluffing. If he truly believed it he might be the one commissioner more incompetent than Bowlsby. There was never any chance of teams leaving the Big 12 for AAC unless it was 2-3 leftovers after others like OSU, KU, & ISU left. I know that's likely to be an unpopular opinion here.
                        You are totally correct. I predicted this from the very beginning.

Although I'm quite surprised they aren't staying pat at 8. There must be something disqualifying/destabilizing by remaining at that number. Perhaps a risk of losing autonomy?

Comment

• There is no way WSU goes into the Big 12 with BYU.

Once Cincy, UCF and Houston leaves, the AAC should stop saying they are a football conference. Sorry USF, Tulsa. SMU, etc. You may have football, but you aren't getting invited to 'The Club'. But, as I said earlier, UH, Cincy and UCF are just gonna get cut later, but they will eventually, along with some charter B8 members there now. So there may be a solid D2 football league to compete with the other non 64 members.

Basketball may be the only 'in' where a school can still go against the 64. America loves March Madness, and it makes a lot of money. They don't love it because KU plays Duke in the 1st 2 rounds. They love it because Bucknell plays KU...... and wins. Eliminate that, and you eliminate March Madness.

I don't know what it looks like, but maybe the NCAA keeps basketball and football branches off on their own. Who knows.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                            This is literally all KU’s fault. All’s they had to do the last 10 years was build a new football stadium and field a team that was around 500 to eventually get accepted into the Big 10. It’s been the state wide joke for a long time of how a so called flag ship school could have such a terrible football set up and now it’s suddenly not a joke anymore.
                            This entire move was not about building the conference for the future, but maintaining a holding pattern while the remaining B8 schools invest massively in their programs hoping to make a last ditch effort to earn salvation. The AAC schools are merely acting as placeholders and will be left in the cold eventually. It was still the right move for them to jump and attempt to improve their brands and programs. The B12 is now the AAC. A conference of left-behinds. And whenever each one gets called up to the big leagues, the AAC will be poached again. Wichita State is on a sinking ship.
                            Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; September 3, 2021, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Based on the fact that the Twitter account in question is anonymous and even then, the intelligence on this is all tenuous at best, I'd say...
                              When someone asked if the other school was Creighton, his reply was "You zigged when you should have zagged". So if his info carries any truth, it's likely Gonzaga.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

When someone asked if the other school was Creighton, his reply was "You zigged when you should have zagged". So if his info carries any truth, it's likely Gonzaga.
                                Are they working with imaginary numbers? Because they have a less than 0% chance of making it.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X