Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were the AAC commissioner I would have EVERY AD in the AAC pick up the phone and call each and everyone of their counterpart of the remaining members of the former big 12 and answer any questions they may have. And if I were Aresco I would be planning on a private meeting with Bowlsby to discuss any and all possibilites about merging the two conferences.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Somebody just tell me when I can come out of the fetal position.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
        • AAC members merge into whatever remains of the B12 (I'm assuming 4 schools) in order to keep B12's NY6 bowl tie in, autonomy, former B12 member exit fees, and accrued NCAA credits
        If that happens, KU will lobby hard to leave out WSU.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Assuming KU is one of the leftovers.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

BOHICA!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Yes, they will, times 100.

And if that happens, ADDB should call a press conference on Doug Compton's lawn and display every single sexual harassment that's been swept under the rug, every cheating dollar that's flowed from Compton and his history of bookmaking, every dirty cheating lying act that they've been involved with for the last 50 years and ask the world if that's acceptable in today's society.

But what do I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Assuming KU is one of the leftovers.
                KU is very likely to be "a leftover" and one of the certainties of this entire episode is KU will engage in skullduggery to exclude WSU from the potential merged conference. After all, the Beakers have a football program and the Shockers do not!

Comment

• https://cbbreview.com/2021/06/10/5-t...e-realignment/

WSU got an "honorable mention" on this site. Not sure why because they didn't explain it.

edit: I just looked at the date of the article. This is BEFORE this week's schenanigans were announced. Outdated news now.

Comment

• This article from a Longhorns site would be a pretty good result for the AAC. If it worked out this way, the new AAC would be a FB and BB powerhouse. With the teams the author predicts would go to the AAC, it seems the AAC would be able to pick and choose.

Predicting where the rest of the Big 12 will go when UT/OU go to SEC (usatoday.com)

Comment

If we look back in history to when WSU fought to join the state system it was KSU that fought harder against it than KU. Under no circumstances should we assume that KSU is an ally in anything.

Comment

• Interesting fact:

Looking at the final polls the last 4 years in football.
                        Take away TX and OU.

The AAC at least at the top of the conference, has been as good or better than the remaining Big 12 members
                        Last edited by Topshock; July 26, 2021, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                          Interesting fact:

Take away TX and OU.

The AAC at least at the top of the conference, has been as good or better than the remaining Big 12 members
                          In other words, both conferences are top heavy in football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

In other words, both conferences are top heavy in football.
                            The point is, they are commensurate and would be good in the same conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                              Interesting fact:

Take away TX and OU.

Not surprising.

It's been the SEC and everyone else in this modern BCS world we now inhabit. And it's (the SEC) about to throw a mighty right cross to finish off the b12, and CBS is gonna' be the one to count 'em out.

Comment

• Reports out of the B1G say they are not interested in expansion right now. Reading the tea leaves here but it seems like they are waiting for a big fish.

Other reports say that even/odd numbers do not matter to the P4. What matters is money generated by a school.

Also, KU generates next to nothing because their football is such a mess.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X