Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OU: SEC
    TU: SEC
    OkSt: PAC
    TTU: PAC
    WVU: ACC/BEast
    BU: Non-reciprocated interest in PAC
    KU: Non-reciprocated interest in B1G
    Iowa State: Scrambling
    TCU: Silent
    KSU: Learning their place in the world

PAC is said to be only interested in OSU and TTU. Might poach NMSU and one other.

Nobody wants to take on the headache that is Baylor Athletic Dept and the Southern Baptist Conference.

Iowa State was caught in the middle of rebuilding, not an attractive addition for any P5.

TCU is silent.

KState is a blubbering mess.

KU refuses to believe that they aren’t the first option on anybodies list. They want the B1G but they see Ku as a massive liability and embarrassment.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

If any credible info reaches the WSU president or AD's office that one or more of the AAC heavies are in talks to join the B12 remnant, that's the first call that needs to be made.
      I don't believe you can wait for "credible" info. The remainder of the Big XII were waiting for credible info a couple of days ago, when in fact the deal was already done.
      WSU has to be proactive right now.

Comment

WSU should definitely be making calls to the Big East. Like yesterday.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Gotta hope that the Big 12 gets picked over beyond TU and OU. They still have a lot of football sway to lure AAC schools. Once it gets whittled to 6 teams, they are toast.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            WSU should definitely be making calls to the Big East. Like yesterday.
            We actually have a couple of friendly institutions in that conference who would possibly support us.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

More and more reports coming in that it's all but done. OU and Texas will not renew with the Big 12. Now it's just when (current GOR goes through 24-25) and who else bolts. Going to be an interesting year.

Comment

We need to start raising money... fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

We actually have a couple of friendly institutions in that conference who would possibly support us.
                  Does this mean we have to stop bagging on the vests? Cause I would rather go back to the Valley!

Comment

Is it too late to break ground on our new 50,000 seat football stadium?

Comment

Why is the PAC interested in Tech over the other Texas schools?

They would be my last choice of the three.
                      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                        Is it too late to break ground on our new 50,000 seat football stadium?
                        Although it pains me deeply, unfortunately that ‘dream’ is long gone like a turkey through the corn.

Insert crying Indian (hope it’s ok to post Indian?) here…
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

When OU and UT bolt, one would think the remaining members - who collectively have limited clout in a P5 sense - would each be individually looking out for their own rears, and will see the B12 as a sinking ship. If you are one of the left-behind B12 institutions wouldn't you rather hitch your wagon to a known quantity like the the ACC, PAC, or B10, rather than backfill with AAC and MWC schools? Seems an obvious choice, but what do I know.

I think the only way the B12 survives is if all doors are closed to the B12 left-behinds, and that doesn't seems likely in the case of several of them. I think the mid-pack clout B12 left-behinds find themselves new homes in other P5 conferences, and schools like K-State, OSU, Baylor, TTU, TCU, etc. end up finding themselves outside of the new P4, and likely in a revised MWC or AAC.

That's my take... worth what you paid for it.

Comment

So, based on the rumors of what is out there (at least from this board), we could be looking at something like this:

SEC - OU, UT
                            BIG - KU
                            PAC - OSU, TTU
                            ACC - WVU

That leaves these schools to join forces with the AAC:

- KSU
                            - ISU
                            - TCU
                            - BU

Add Boise as a full member, since they were already in talks to be football-only and go to 16 schools

----------

Something like this actually ends up as a net positive for WSU (and the rest of the current AAC schools)
                            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              When OU and UT bolt, one would think the remaining members - who collectively have limited clout in a P5 sense - would each be individually looking out for their own rears, and will see the B12 as a sinking ship. If you are one of the left-behind B12 institutions wouldn't you rather hitch your wagon to a known quantity like the the ACC, PAC, or B10, rather than backfill with AAC and MWC schools? Seems an obvious choice, but what do I know.

I think the only way the B12 survives is if all doors are closed to the B12 left-behinds, and that doesn't seems likely in the case of several of them. I think the mid-pack clout B12 left-behinds find themselves new homes in other P5 conferences, and schools like K-State, OSU, Baylor, TTU, TCU, etc. end up finding themselves outside of the new P4, and likely in a revised MWC or AAC.

That's my take... worth what you paid for it.
                              Ummm... the B12's brand is infinitely greater than the AAC's. If this all goes down, the B12 will take the strongest members of the AAC and the MWC and Wichita State will be left in the MVC2. This wasn't supposed to happen for a few more years.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                                So, based on the rumors of what is out there (at least from this board), we could be looking at something like this:

SEC - OU, UT
                                BIG - KU
                                PAC - OSU, TTU
                                ACC - WVU

That leaves these schools to join forces with the AAC:

- KSU
                                - ISU
                                - TCU
                                - BU

Add Boise as a full member, since they were already in talks to be football-only and go to 16 schools

Something like this actually ends up as a net positive for WSU (and the rest of the current AAC schools)
                                There is zero chance 4 former B12 schools join the AAC.

UCF, Cincinnati, Memphis, Boise, UH, and USF or SMU will be joining the B12.

The End.

Comment

Working...
                                X