Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless the B12 is dissolved, there's something like a $50 mill exit fee.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
      That number is of zero concern to OU and or UT. Their athletic budgets, and future SEC earnings, wipe their collective asses with $50 mil.

Comment

Pretty sure there was supposed to be some kind of exit fee for UConn and they negotiated it down. If Texas and ou want to leave then they are going to leave.

Comment

Was also reading that if the big 12 is just adding 4 schools that the remaining Texas schools may not want any more Texas schools with a preference of going after BYU, Boise, Cincinnati, south Florida or central Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

That number is of zero concern to OU and or UT. Their athletic budgets, and future SEC earnings, wipe their collective asses with $50 mil.
            That’s only one walk-on salary.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Absolutely agree about OU and UT, but KU, KSU, Baylor, ISU? About any school other than OU or UT and possibly OSU that want to leave will want to dissolve the league.

It's either going to be a rebuild at substantially lower revenue, or join another league to maintain revenue and dissolve the B12.

I've run across considerable Internet speculation that ESPN will be the party making the decision on the future existrence of the B12.

Comment

Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                OSU, Baylor, Tech, and KState seem like the schools who will be left in limbo. West Virginia will fight like hell to get into the ACC (again). I’ve read that Iowa State and KU are the only AAU members which is one of the prerequisites for B10 memberships. With the emergence of Matt Campbell and ISU football surely the B10 would be all over them.
                You're wrong. The B1G doesn't want anything to do with Iowa State. What value would they add? They could care less about Matt Campbell or their football program. They want TV markets (Rutgers). The B1G will only expand for a blue blood or major market program.

If the B1G wanted Iowa State, they would already be in the Big Ten. This isn't hard.

And as far as Kansas, the B1G went after UNC in the last expansion rounds. That ended up falling through because UNC wouldn't come without Duke. The B1G didn't want Duke.

Comment

If the B1G doesn’t want Duke, they sure as hell won’t take KU.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I would trade UCF and USF for KSU and WVU.

Comment

Implosion of the Big 12 was discussed on Shockernet about five years ago, general consensus I recall was the P5 would realign into the P4 - four conferences with 16 members each - ACC; B1G; SEC and PAC.

Today I would amend my 2016 possible realignment scenario -

1. B1G poaches UNC and UVA from the ACC - unchanged

2. ACC poaches UCONN, Temple, Cincinnati and South Florida - replace UCONN with UCF

3. SEC poaches OU and OSU from the Big 12 to arrive at 16 members

4. PAC poaches UT and TTU from Big 12, Houston from the AAC and UNM from Mountain West - replace Houston and UNM with Baylor and TCU

AAC would be in position to replace ACC poached members with former Big 12 schools.

Comment

I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t see a positive outcome for WSU here. Football has always driven the bus.

Comment

WSU will be fine. Theyve put themselves in good position by moving into the AAC.

Comment

If there’s one thing people love it’s a good doomsday scenario. The world should have ended at least 10 times in my lifetime alone. Yet here we are.

Comment

Absolutely agree about OU and UT, but KU, KSU, Baylor, ISU? About any school other than OU or UT and possibly OSU that want to leave will want to dissolve the league.

It's either going to be a rebuild at substantially lower revenue, or join another league to maintain revenue and dissolve the B12.

I've run across considerable Internet speculation that ESPN will be the party making the decision on the future existrence of the B12.
                              Not sure about the others but Baylor has deep pockets

Comment

Get on the phone and start ball rolling to get into the BE. That would be the smart thing to do.

————

Unless, a scenario like this could happen:

- KU and ISU go to the BIG
                                - WVU goes to the ACC (+ whoever)
                                - PAC-12 raids the MWC (BYU, SDSU, USU, BSU)

After all that, they KSU, OSU, TCU, Tech, Baylor + all the AAC schools can come together to form a new conference

(Maybe/Probably switch Baylor and Boise (who the AAC are already in talks with) since the PAC would probably like to pull them in)

————

Unlikely? Very.

It is something the AAC damn sure should explore though.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X