X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 25 has a nice ring to it.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
      44 isn't that bad, but it doesn't take much for the Shox to be quite a bit better than that.

Writers and prognosticators can rightfully question what the Shox have at PG. They probably didn't follow the NBA camps and see that Etienne is a likely NBA PG next year. Etienne is likely to play off ball, but if Porter can play off ball, IB just plugs in a future NBA player at PG. Grant can play off ball, Writers don't know much about him because he played at a different level.

If Dex can regain the shooting stroke he had as a Fr, the perimeter is dangerous from every position. If Dex has also added a left hand to his drives and can get to the hoop, which it seems he's been working on, then there's a triple threat to hit from 3 or get to the hoop from every position on the perimeter.

Pleasant can obviously stretch D's with his shooting. With all the threats from deep, Udeze should have fewer doubles. Post is still a ?. Backups are either undersized and out of position or they're Fr.

It's optimistic, but not unreal to think the Shox have a good shot at seeing top-25 this year. Udeze, Dennis and Etienne should all be studs this year. I didn't even get into discussing Council or Jackson. If Council can break into the starting lineup, Katie bar the door!

If Council can break into the starting lineup, it seems it would look like this. Porter comes off the bench and Etienne runs point.

PG - Etienne
      SG - Council
      SF - Dennis
      PF - Pleasant
      C - Udeze

Rebounding is a legitimate concern.
      I would be pleasantly surprised if that were the line up.

CP2 will start.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
        I would be pleasantly surprised if that were the line up.

CP2 will start.
        I see what you did there.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I think Craig Porter is underrated because of his stats from last year. But everything I have read and seen says he could be an excellent point guard. That is the position he played before he came to WSU. And in my opinion having someone that has always played the point guard position benefis the team. Clearly he was hurt last year and was behind in preparation because of corvid protocols. If he can regain his game ( a big if ) before the injuries he could be the point guard that this team needs.. He certainly is going to have to shoot better from the free throw line.

RC4 in my opinion can be a very special players at WSU. I am not concerned with his offense. The question I have is can he consistently play defense and rebound the ball. Can he play TEAM DEFENSE? He has all the athletic tools. But only those with the athletic skills and basketball IQ rise to the very top.. Wishing him and CP good luck this year.. We need both of them..

Also the best defensive team I ever saw at WSU was the one with Fred, Ron, Tekel, Wessel, and D. Carter. Carter was only 6 7 everyone else below him in height.. Teams simply had a difficult time scoring against them. GO SHOCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
            I think Craig Porter is underrated because of his stats from last year. But everything I have read and seen says he could be an excellent point guard. That is the position he played before he came to WSU. And in my opinion having someone that has always played the point guard position benefis the team. Clearly he was hurt last year and was behind in preparation because of corvid protocols. If he can regain his game ( a big if ) before the injuries he could be the point guard that this team needs.. He certainly is going to have to shoot better from the free throw line.

RC4 in my opinion can be a very special players at WSU. I am not concerned with his offense. The question I have is can he consistently play defense and rebound the ball. Can he play TEAM DEFENSE? He has all the athletic tools. But only those with the athletic skills and basketball IQ rise to the very top.. Wishing him and CP good luck this year.. We need both of them..

Also the best defensive team I ever saw at WSU was the one with Fred, Ron, Tekel, Wessel, and D. Carter. Carter was only 6 7 everyone else below him in height.. Teams simply had a difficult time scoring against them. GO SHOCKS.
            Rebounding on a per 40 minute basis, RC4 did pretty darn good, IMHO

rebounding2021.png
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

rebounding2021.png
              Defense and effort on defense (keeping the offensive player in front of him) was the problem for RC4.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Defense and effort on defense (keeping the offensive player in front of him) was the problem for RC4.
                Don't disagree, but the comment included rebounding, and I believe he is performing more than adequately in that department.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

rebounding2021.png
                  Being the third most efficient rebounder on last year's team is kinda like dating the 3rd prettiest burger flipper at a McDonald's. I wouldn't say either is much to brag about.

Comment

That is a lineup that I hope they use often which should also help our rebounding concerns. 1. TE, 2.RC 3.DD 4.Pleasant/or Jackson 5. Udeze
                    Last edited by forevershockerfan; September 29, 2021, 12:53 PM.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                      That is a lineup that I hope they use often which should also help our rebounding concerns. 1. TE, 2.RC 3.DD 4.Pleasant/or Jackson 5. Udeze
                      It will be interesting to see but I imagine that at least two of Tyson, Porter or Grant will be on the floor at all times in contested games. I’m just not sure that RC or DD are the type of players that we’ve seen utilized as secondary ball handlers. Of course that was the Marshall era.

I also think Grant and Porter (when healthy) have the potential to be net positives for rebounding compared to last year.

Comment

Well the Shocks appear to have a lot of options. But if Craig Poter is able to regain his game I like him for defense and rebounding. In juco his stats were 14.8 per game, 7.7 rebounds, 1.8 steals, 1.9 blocks, and 6.5 assists. That's pretty salty. I like the quote Coach Brown gave on him yesterday. "He makes everybody better when he is on the court"

I really think we have alot of players that will make us a better rebounding team this year.. Execution and desire is a must.. No excuses get her done Shocks.

Comment

A lot of talent = some guys unhappy with their playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            A lot of talent = some guys unhappy with their playing time.
                            Then those guys can step it up or hit the bricks...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Then those guys can step it up or hit the bricks...
                              Totally agree. It's a TEAM game. It's not about what I can get for myself, but what is best for the team. I love the article I'm the paper on Monzy Jackson. He gets it. He has the right attitude. "Attitude reflects leadership Captain"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerLurker View Post

Being the third most efficient rebounder on last year's team is kinda like dating the 3rd prettiest burger flipper at a McDonald's. I wouldn't say either is much to brag about.
                                6.6 boards in 30 mini ain’t too shabby.

Comment

Working...
                                X