2021 Starting Line Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Starting Line Up

Who will start the first game of the 2021 season? There are a few locks, and a couple question marks.

Locks-
    Tyson
    Dexter
    Mo

In the Mix-
    Qua Grant
    Joe Pleasant
    Ricky Council
    Craig Porter
    Clarence Jackson

Longshots-
    Kenny Pohto
    Matt Macfarlane
    Chaunce Jenkins
    Jalen Ricks

IMO-
    CP2
    Tyson
    Dex
    Ricky
    Mo

but would not be surprised if Qua or Joe started. I would be very pleasantly surprised if one of my long shots started.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Porter
    Etienne
    Dennis
    Jackson
    Udeze

Comment

Etienne Grant
      Dennis
      Pleasant
      Udeze

I think the second starting guard beside Tyson will be the second best shooting guard, since it sounds like Tyson is supposed to be showcasing his PG skills. I think that will be Grant.

Going to see a lot of Council and Jackson, but the old guys get the starting spots at forward.

Only locks are Udeze and Etienne for the starting spots. Really hope to see a second center demand minutes, but no way does anyone take Udeze's starting spot.

Comment

Etienne
        dex
        ricky
        monzy
        mo

Comment

Our best three (offensively) are Etienne, Council, and Udeze. Dexter is probably next and is a top defensive player.

Monzy, Pleasant, Council, and Grant are all in the mix for a final starting spot and competing with Council for his.
          Livin the dream

Comment

The Porter we all saw in Feb-Mar looks to be 8th or 9th in the rotation. Was he injured?
            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; July 12, 2021, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
              The Porter we all saw in Feb-Mar looks 8th or 9th in the rotation. Was he injured?
              Yes, he got covid at the beginning of the year and when he was starting to get to fully recover, he injured his leg of some sort (i believe). Think there was article of how much practice time he missed, which was a lot
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I am less concerned about who starts. I am more interested in how they play as a team. In my opinion its not about starting but how you play when you are on the court.

Comment

Game 1 starters

Porter
                  Etienne
                  Dennis
                  Pleasant
                  Udeze

C4 is first off the bench and can come in for any of the first three guys.

Lineup I hope becomes a thing at some point

Etienne
                  C4
                  Dennis
                  McFarlane
                  Pohto

I just love the length and athleticism of this group and the skillsets they would provide.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Depth Chart

PG - Porter / Etienne
                    SG - Etienne / Grant / Jenkins
                    SF - Dennis / Council IV / Ricks
                    PF - Pleasant / Jackson
                    C - Udeze / Pohto / McFarlane

I think Council and Jackson will play 20+ minutes each. Grant likely to play a lot as well. Udeze probably still playing 25+ a night with Pohto and McFarlane splitting the other 15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                      Depth Chart

PG - Porter / Etienne
                      SG - Etienne / Grant / Jenkins
                      SF - Dennis / Council IV / Ricks
                      PF - Pleasant / Jackson
                      C - Udeze / Pohto / McFarlane

I think Council and Jackson will play 20+ minutes each. Grant likely to play a lot as well. Udeze probably still playing 25+ a night with Pohto and McFarlane splitting the other 15 minutes.

The position I debated the most was PF. My gut says Pleasant will come right in and start day 1 because he’s a solid veteran player. I ultimately went with Jackson purely because he was on the team last year. Neither scenario would surprise me.

Of course I’m also speculating without having seen any of the new guys in action. Perhaps others have seen them play. How much has Monzy improved? How good is Pleasant and how is he acclimating to the team?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

The position I debated the most was PF. My gut says Pleasant will come right in and start day 1 because he’s a solid veteran player. I ultimately went with Jackson purely because he was on the team last year. Neither scenario would surprise me.

Of course I’m also speculating without having seen any of the new guys in action. Perhaps others have seen them play. How much has Monzy improved? How good is Pleasant and how is he acclimating to the team?
                        I thought the same as you. Pleasant gets the starter title at first because of his experience, but I could see them battling for minutes all season. I think a split is most likely. HCIB might also prefer Monzy's energy off the bench to give the team a spark.

Comment

For the returners (career totals), here are the per 100 possession and Advanced stats from Sports-Reference

shocker2021.png

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

RC4 and CJ get A LOT of minutes

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I thought the same as you. Pleasant gets the starter title at first because of his experience, but I could see them battling for minutes all season. I think a split is most likely. HCIB might also prefer Monzy's energy off the bench to give the team a spark.
                              Monzy off the bench is ideal. He gets the other teams PF when that PF has been running for a while, or he gets the other team's 2nd option at PF. Same with Council subbing in for Dennis. That's a lot of energy off the bench.

Comment

Working...
                              X