State of the Program 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
    It is already damaging the Kansas program with a 4+ year investigation.
    Yeeeeahhhhhh, I'm gonna have to go with "no" on that one. There is no "time served" type of argument to be made here.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

That Rock Chauk was for you imposter. You are not a real shocker fan. But what ever you are, I consider you a liar and a dumb fan that can't get you facts correct. Go Shocks.

You're not all there are you?

Trying to call out SHOXAAC as a non fan is futile. He has a long track record and earned quite a bit of respect on this board. Unless he somehow lost it during my absence, I doubt it, you're just making yourself look a bigger fool.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Yeeeeahhhhhh, I'm gonna have to go with "no" on that one. There is no "time served" type of argument to be made here.
        I don't know if "time served" was his point or not, but I have to agree, it is having an effect on the program.

Comment

That Rock Chauk was for you imposter. You are not a real shocker fan. But what ever you are, I consider you a liar and a dumb fan that can't get you facts correct. Go Shocks.

Well we have a purebred Donny Dumbshit prognosticator in our midst. There actually is no Rock Chauk in my fandom DNA. You are correct...I am not a real Shocker fan, I am beyond real. My parents became basketball season ticket holders in 1964. They also became baseball season ticket holders somewhere in the late 1980's. When my father past in 2000, my mother also supported Shocker volleyball. I have been witness to what the model is for supporting my Shockers at the highest fandom level by the very best. As with most all high level fandom supporters my views can become confusing to the peasant fans. I am so emotionally, financially and spiritually invested in Wichita State athletics my piss comes out black an yellow. Maybe the next time you frequent Dr. Phil you can address your sensitivity to facts on a fan board. What you should know about me Donny is that I have been wrong and have assumed things inaccurately in writing on this board for as long as I have been a member...and likely will again. Believe it or not I am one of those fandom supporters that has admitted being wrong on occasion as well. Having you consider me a liar and a dumb fan brings me back to my preschool days when little Donny claims little Tommy was a dumb liar because Tommy didn't agree with Donny that the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. Now, take your little Donny Dumbshit ass and return to the Rock Chauk backside crevasse you came from. Now back to the ranch...

Comment

Uh oh. Better run, little one.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

I don't know if "time served" was his point or not, but I have to agree, it is having an effect on the program.
              The biggest effect I can see is that Self got the sweetest, most absurd deal ever conceived. Basically they can't fire him for anything, including cheating now, in the past, or in the future. Judge for yourself if that's a negative.

Comment

Any Chickenhawk fan complaining about timing is laughable. And to use this as an excuse for recent performance is hilarious. How about you don't cheat then you don't have to worry about it. How about take responsibility when you're caught with your hand in the cookie jar rather than blaming everyone else. No tears shed here...

Comment

Comment

The NCAA has recently pushed out the deadline for their decision until next year.

It is already damaging the Kansas program with a 4+ year investigation.
                    So not being allowed to cheat (buying players) is hurting the program the last 4 years??? Hmmmm.....
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

The biggest effect I can see is that Self got the sweetest, most absurd deal ever conceived. Basically they can't fire him for anything, including cheating now, in the past, or in the future. Judge for yourself if that's a negative.
                      I don't pay much close attention on phog net. but I do seem to remember that though it is a sweet deal, there is a back door clause to fire Self for future cheating and other forms of naughtiness.

Last edited by N Crestway; April 29, 2021, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

So not being allowed to cheat (buying players) is hurting the program the last 4 years??? Hmmmm.....
                        Meaning that this long term investigation is probably used by other programs to recruit negatively against Self. Just tell the kids that sooner or later the NCAA axe is going to fall on the program and that it may happen while the kid playing there.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

That is what tells me the investigation was having an impact on recruiting.

Comment

Meaning that this long term investigation is probably used by other programs to recruit negatively against Self. Just tell the kids that sooner or later the NCAA axe is going to fall on the program and that it may happen while the kid playing there.
                            What led to the investigation in the first place? Don't cheat and there is no investigation. No investigation and you don't open the door for other schools to use it against you in recruiting. Have to drill down to the root cause.

Comment

It would be absolutely deserved if KU is punished by negative recruiting because the NCAA is too busy protecting KU to punish them for 70+ years of blatant cheating.

Comment

The NCAA didn't start investigating until May 2019, at the request of federal prosecutors. The NCAA has only been investigating for 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X