Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Love me some Ehimen. Great guy.

BUT...he hasn't been playing, so that's probably not a good fit. I think he lives and works around the Wichita area.
    He’s hard to miss… I ran into him once at Dillard’s; thought I was looking up to Paul Bunyan.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• In case anyone is wondering, Boeheim's Army (Syracuse alumni) won the tournament on Tuesday night. They beat Florida TNT on Sunday and then beat Team 23 on Tuesday night. I didn't watch any of the weekend games other than the AfterShocks on Saturday, but turned on and watched the Elam Ending to the final game. Target score was 69 and Team 23 was up 67-66 and Boeheim's Army made a 3 to win. I guess it was Boeheim's Army 7th time in the tourney.
      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

He’s hard to miss… I ran into him once at Dillard’s; thought I was looking up to Paul Bunyan.
        A dude that worked for me always talked about he and Orupke chasing Y championships.
        Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post

A dude that worked for me always talked about he and Orupke chasing Y championships.
          Not sure about the Y League, but he'd be hard to stop in the Newton or Derby Men's Leagues.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I still say Ehimen should just show up at like a Vikings training facility and tell someone "I'm here to work" and see what happens next. Dude could be an unstoppable TE or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I still say Ehimen should just show up at like a Vikings training facility and tell someone "I'm here to work" and see what happens next. Dude could be an unstoppable TE or something.
              didn't he have hands of stone? Now Shaq could've been quite a tight end if he had the motivation for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

didn't he have hands of stone? Now Shaq could've been quite a tight end if he had the motivation for it.
                Yes. He did have hands of stone and could not shoot very well. Free throw shooting was painful to watch. But I tell you this. The other team did not go to the cup when he was in there. LMAO If they did they got their shot blocked or if he fouled you, you knew that you had been hit hard and legal. He was also pretty good on the glass for rebounding. He was tough SOB in the paint. I wish we had more toughness like that for our current team. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I still say Ehimen should just show up at like a Vikings training facility and tell someone "I'm here to work" and see what happens next. Dude could be an unstoppable TE or something.
                  The Ehimen thread is my all-time favorite… it’s a classic every Shockernetter should check out. Can’t seem to post the link from my iPhone…

”Any news on Orukpe?”

Last edited by WstateU; August 6, 2021, 12:12 PM.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

The Ehimen thread is my all-time favorite… it’s a classic every Shockernetter should check out. Can’t seem to post the link from my iPhone…

”Any news on Orukpe?”

And while your at it you may want to check out Tolstoy's War and Peace if you haven't.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

And while your at it you may want to check out Tolstoy's War and Peace if you haven't.
                      Although one wonders if "War and Peace" would have been as highly acclaimed as it was if it was published under its original name "War: What Is It Good For?"
                      Last edited by Kel Varnsen; August 6, 2021, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• The Ehimen thread is legendary. He may also be the best shot blocker we've ever had. In very limited minutes, he put himself in the top 5 or so all time if memory serves.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Although one wonders if "War and Peace" would have been as highly acclaimed as it was if it was published under its original name "War: What Is It Good For?"
                          It may have done better. Edwin Starr's version of "War. What Is It Good For?" was number 1 on the charts for 3 weeks.

The song was actually originally recorded by the Temptations.

Comment

• One of the "best" English novels of all-time is Ulysses. It is borderline unreadable. I struggled through 2/3 and gave up. I have no regrets.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

It may have done better. Edwin Starr's version of "War. What Is It Good For?" was number 1 on the charts for 3 weeks.

The song was actually originally recorded by the Temptations.

Comment

• I watched a lot of perimeter players get past Fred and Ron when they gambled. Then they met Orupke at the hoop and usually peed down their legs and turned the ball over. Baker and VanVleet got a lot of steals because they could gamble on D, knowing their guy had virtually no chance if their guy got past them.

Comment

Working...
                                X