Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't realize roster changes could occur once the games began

Comment

• Maybe he was looking to borrow a 3/4 ton pickup to help haul their winnings back to Kansas?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        Saw on Tweeter today Ron saying something about looking for a 3/4 man for the finals in Dayton. No idea if that means someone will be missing or if they’re just trying to add a little more depth.
        Wouldn't that mean the pie would be cut into more pieces? I can see them doing it if someone had to leave the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Wouldn't that mean the pie would be cut into more pieces? I can see them doing it if someone had to leave the team.
          If you don't have the depth to win then there is no pie to even cut in to pieces. Maybe that is the thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

you literally get that every game with the ELAM.
            No. You don’t get one shot to win or lose. You get lots of shots to win or have to play defense again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fake Gregg Marshall View Post

No. You don’t get one shot to win or lose. You get lots of shots to win or have to play defense again.
              Exactly. More sudden death scenarios are better than one.

Comment

• To me, the advantage and superiority of the Elam ending is not so much about the last shot, but rather how the final 4 minutes of the game are played. I’d go 12 minute quarters and you’re going to have about a 2 hour game. The last 4 Elam minutes take about 10 minutes less to play at least than the standard last 4 minutes. And you’re guaranteed not to have overtime!

Comment

• One thing to consider, in a typical NCAA game there would be lots of fouls called during the Elam Ending as opposed to what we are seeing in this tournament.

Comment

• I don't think so since there is a target score. Points are precious. You don't want to give up free ones. And if it is a non shooting foul, the team gets one shot and the ball. Elam endings are awesome.
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                      I don't think so since there is a target score. Points are precious. You don't want to give up free ones. And if it is a non shooting foul, the team gets one shot and the ball. Elam endings are awesome.
                      Unless you have heart issues…
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The NCAA calls a tighter game than the NBA/pro. No doubt there would be more fouls called if we went to the Elam in college.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          The NCAA calls a tighter game than the NBA/pro. No doubt there would be more fouls called if we went to the Elam in college.
                          Yeah the way D-I ball is called...the last few minutes would be a free-throw fest thus eliminating any excitement. I wouldn't assume the officials would swallow their whistles like they do in the TBT.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            The NCAA calls a tighter game than the NBA/pro. No doubt there would be more fouls called if we went to the Elam in college.
                            The Elam Ending would be over faster, too. The team with the lead might end up with the ball for the rest of the game if the other team was dumb enough to foul every time.

Comment

• No Zach Brown or Willis for the finals, but they are adding someone new tomorrow.

Comment

• Zach's defense is irreplaceable in my opinion. He was incredible the 3 games here. Gotta have a stopper or 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X