2021 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Thought I read where 40+ former players were here sometime during the tournament…
    yes, that could have been a really cool article for Taylor or even Paul Suellentrop

Comment

Thought I read where 40+ former players were here sometime during the tournament…
      Shockernet is always known for its solid information. People never pass their speculation or the comments they pull out of their butts off as facts.

Comment

That is true. It was 43 I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Good, I’m not losing it, but I’m close.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Lots of players not here last weekend. No coaches except for current ones, and I didn’t see but two of those.

I belonged to a college team who did a reunion, and the coaches were just not a big part of the reunion and almost never mentioned the few days of the get together. College Coaches just are not the same as players who were brothers, who lived together. It’s not like high school. Friends get together. I’m sorry but I respected my coaches usually, but they never were my friend during my playing days. I talked to them when I crossed paths with them but never have I texted, e-mailed, or called them.
            Last edited by Shockm; July 21, 2021, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

I'm talking publicly in interviews. Has any of the media covering TBT made mention of 3G?
              Oh, ok. You didn't clarify that the first time so I guessed you were talking about the players. No, I've not heard him mentioned by either.

For the record, as a dyed-in-the-wool GGG fan, I sincerely hoped that the players after winning the tournament would give a shout out to their former Coach. Now, do I expect them to?
              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; July 21, 2021, 02:46 PM.

Comment

"around 40" according to a Roundhouse article by Paul Suellentrop - https://goshockers.com/news/2021/7/1...-together.aspx
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• The Elam ending is cool but doubt it will happen unless networks are guaranteed the advertising revenue that a full two hour block, the last four minutes and ten timeouts get you now.

Comment

• Here's a good article from Paul Suellentrop with a wider angle of the picture that shows more people, including Ron Baker to the right of the group - https://goshockers.com/news/2021/7/2...t-special.aspx

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Here's a good picture from - https://twitter.com/ShockerAlumni/st...84439656767494 - a mix of AfterShocks, staff, and current team

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

It was a tough call and initially I thought the defender slid underneath CF. However, watching it again I agreed with the call. The official (who needs to lay off the cheeseburgers) was in perfect position to see the whole play and make the call. CF went 'through the body' as we like to say and committed the foul.
                      And yes, you make the call at every point in the game and not just look the other way and swallow the whistle. A foul is a foul is a foul!
                      As mentioned this crew, as the previous two games, had a rough game based on the physicality that was permitted. Some assaults were called, others let go. I watched one sequence where Rashard set some of the most illegal screens in the history of the game and... no whistles. The stuff going on in the paint was full out hand to hand combat.
                      But overall a fun and entertaining game for fans to watch and enjoy.

That is all.
                      Was it my imagination or was there a boat load of uncalled traveling calls in this tournament. Seemed worse than the NBA to me.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 21, 2021, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Was it my imagination or was there a boat load of uncalled traveling charges in this tournament. Seemed worse than the NBA to me.
                        definitely not you. the ball was carried almost as much as it was dribbled.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Was it my imagination or was there a boat load of uncalled traveling calls in this tournament. Seemed worse than the NBA to me.
                          It was pretty bad; here's the pre-game instructional video...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

James Hardin created this new age step back, which absolutely is a travel, that isn't called anymore (sometimes it's ok, most of the time it's not). But 55 brought new meaning on their last shot of the game when he tried to double step back then 2 legged hop before jumping off one leg. It was comical. A travel is a travel lol.

To be fair, the refs were in a no win situation last night. They had to call some things, but couldn't call everything. I don't think one team got an advantage over the other.

Frankly, if the AfterShocks would have made a few more FTs it wouldn't have mattered at all.

Comment

• Anybody else following the Facebook drama about Karon Bradley getting pushed out of the Aftershox? Curious if anyone has the scoop. Karon commented and said he will be speaking about it all soon. Interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Are you sure it wasn't 42? Or maybe that's just the answer to the question of life.

Comment

Working...
                                X